Sanuk Nation

sfinkz

Substitute 'sanuk' for 'backpacker' in the following story of a San Francisco Bay Area cabdriver/travel writer's organization counteracting the negative opinion worldwide of America caused by its aggressive foreign policy and would anyone wish to apply to join, or help fund, an army of altruistic sanukkers for a one year tour of duty with all expenses paid?

www.bradnewsham.com/flinn.shtml

I know the guy because my friend is a cabbie friend of his. He is well-intentionned, but i think he stretched himself a bit financially with his do-good plans. And I think he needs to put up a real and legit foundation for it to really work out, i can see all kind of doodoo happening, depending on the traveller's experience. that kind of slingshot, maybe even arbitrary donation will help maybe, but the end-result he is looking for is quite far-fetched, IMO.

Not to mention that i think he is dead-wrong about singling americans as perceived non-givers to the 3rd world, either as travelers, donatees or volunteers. Just in the bay area, there are dozens of foundations doing what he wants to do, maybe hundreds.

BTW, Not thai-related absolutely. sorry, but this one is Bbar

Archived