Fake stamps in passports

limbo

Well hope he still has his left nut attached when he returns to

England. Easy if they just do not issue more than one 90 day anymore other than from your home country as most countries do these days.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] As they should be ! [/color]

I suppose you are correct as they knowingly broke the rules.

I can only hope that the people who undoubtably made a lot of money from this travelling passport scam are also suitably punished. The passport holders will be treated worse than dogs for a while then deported and blacklisted - perhaps breaking up some long relationships.

But the visa frauds are not restricted to this one.

I will wager there are a few posting here whose status is not 100%, perhaps their day in the cells will come too.

I have also never used these services.

But I was of the impression that the passports were running through the immigration service (computer and all) and as such would be difficult to discern from a normal passenger.

We now know that the stamps were 'fake' and can hence be retroactively uncovered.

Yes they were tempting, cheaper than a border run, and no need to take a day off the illegal job! :shhh:

I could bullshit and say it is a 'friend', but I won't. I know I won't get any sympathy (not asking for any), but I do need opinions.

A few years ago I used to use Visa services, as did most of the farang I knew in Chiang Mai.

They were always sent to the border at Chiang Khong and actually stamped in and out.

I went one time myself up there and watched the guy do it. I wanted to know if they really took them across or were fake.

But one month I got my passport back and it wasn't from Chaing Khong. Reading these threads now, I have looked and it was supposedly sent to the notorious Sadao.

I'm pretty sure this is fake.

I have legally been in and out of the country several times since then and have been on legal Non-Imm B visas for more than a year and a half now.

But my 90 days registration is coming up. My company does these for me, but now I am getting a bit worried, because that stupid Sadao stamp from two years ago is in there.

If I wanted to lose my passport, how would this affect my current visa?

I think I may just be honest with my employer and see what they can do. They are a large thai company and may have some clout.

But I am interested in what the opinions here are.

Needless to say, I would never use these services again, no need to.

But I'm now I'm worried I'll be paying for past mistakes.

Thoughts??

to lose your passport will not affect the visa. it is just a bit of a burocratic hassle. just make sure that you have a photocopy of your TM number and visa. you will have to go to the embassy to get a report, might have to go to the local policestation, and will have to go finally to the immigration to get your visa replaced (easy if you have that photocopy).

i doubt that the two year old stamp will be much of a problem, but difficult to say. up to you.

i guess though that now the immigration will have a huge amount of foreigners who have "lost" their passports recently...

past mistakes, well, those services were going on when i came here first too, and i found them already a bit dodgy in those days for exactly those reasons now.

over the years i have had many friends who got into deep shit because of that. but whenever i tried to talk people out of using the services i was called paranoid. well...

personally i have expecting (and fearing) what happens now for many years. it was just a matter of time. and right now is the last chance to get everything legalised, because i doubt that those new regulations will go away anytime soon, and then only to be replaced by stiffer ones.

Hi Suzi,

I used these services a few times as well myslef, but that must be over 2 yrs ago or longer.

Have a look at the passport, if you got the B008 Sadao stamp, that's bad news.

In that case, rather than losing the passport, make a good copy of the visa, than smear honey between that page and let it dry up, than go the embassy and get a new passport, or alternatively wash your passport in the laundry and get a new one.

Not that you think I'm trying to give you illegal advice!!

The B008 Sadao stamp is apparently the stamp with which this terrorist bloke was caught. Apparently there's now a second stamp around as well, but I don't know the # of that one.

All these visa service shops must be out of bizz by now, nobody is offering this anymore around the neck of the woods where I live.

Another person from around here was confirmed to be released from jail after approx 10 days and after paying 50.000Baht, they started with 300.000Baht bail.

All on the borders of Padangbasar and Sadao. (who's ever been to Sadao BTW, that's as seedy as it gets).

>impression that the passports were running through the immigration service

and

>We now know that the stamps were 'fake' and can hence be retroactively uncovered

Looks to me as though there are/were two separate scams going on. One is just the simple "fake stamp" (maybe copied from one original "chop"), while the second is with the help of a dodgy immigration officer. Would have thought the latter was "safer".

Never having gone this route, I wonder what happened to all the TM cards? Presumably going through a dodgy immigration guy, the TM cards would be processed in and out. Did the "stamp" ones have the same TM card when the passport came back??

Looks like a fair old number of chickens are gonna come home to roost here, and the original "poor fools" who made the runs are gonna be sitting pretty, while the "travelling passport" guys gonna be in big dodo.

Still the *very* old saying comes to mind: If you can't do the time...

-j-"

Archived