Fake stamps in passports

limbo

Hi guys,

some friends of mine always had their passports send away with a visa service to get a new visa.

Now for the first time since a year or two, they went themselves. Got stopped at Hat Yai immi and their passports were taken because there were fake stamps in the passport. It took a bit of hassle to get a them back. Than from HY all the way back to BKK to get a new passport, a 8.000B fine for overstay and all the way down to HY again to get a stamp!!

Fun, isn't it.

If you've used this service before, be a bit creative before you go to the border with possibly a few fake stamps in your passport.

Other than that, sorry bro, no pity for being lazy previously!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think at the end they are very lucky and it finally pays off as 4 visa-runs per year are probably more than THB 8000 + the fee (may be THB 2000 - THB 3000 per run).

Being caught by the immigration could have caused more serious trouble.

Well I wonder how creative one can be.

Many of you will not now this, but a smiple entry into the immigration computer and all your legal entries and exits over the last 5 years or so come rolling out.

If' ve you got some stamps that are not in line, they've got to be fake. You oculd "loose" your passport of course, but you can't erase those computer printouts.

...which, in case of one day trying to get legalised here, workpermit, maybe even permanent residency, can be a killer.

never underestimate the abilities and knowledge of the thai police. they may be corrupt - but they are everything else than incompetent.

Hi. I don't dispute your observations. But if you "lose" the passport, then there is no longer any evidence of conflict with the computer record - unless your present entry status is unsupported by a computer record of legal entry.

I would interpret your observation to say that if you have any past record of using faked stamps, or suspected fake stamps, then you MUST lose your passport, as that is the only way to make the fake stamps inaccessible as evidence against you.

I have no personal issue - with over 140 entries and exits of Thailand over the past eight years, I have personally crossed the border every time. About five of those times, the Immigration computers at Don Muang were not even operational. Another 20 times, it was clear that the Immigration clerk was not even bothering to check me out on the computer (maybe they recongized me?).

It appears that for 2003, I will log only one entrance and exit - back last January.

Cheers!

SS

Losing your passport will lose the fakes. Thats's for sure.

But you can't hide the overstay.

As to the computers not working. Don't worry they'll enter your record later when they do work.

Thais can be very efficient when they want to, and this is one bureaucratic hitng that they are very efficient with.

pasting from thaivisa:

Quote (catseyeland @ Aug. 28 2003,19:13)

My boyfriend went to Sadao (Malay border) yesterday to renew his visa in person. Last month we sent our passports on a visa run through an agency. He is now in jail. Apparently our last visas are fake. His court case is scheduled for Monday. If he is allocated bail it will cost us 200,000 baht (£3,000) to get him out. If not granted bail he remains in prison until the hearing (48 to 84 days!).

The last phone text message I received before he had his phone taken from him was at the police station "they are threatening me with anal sex. Help."

I haven't heard from him since. The British Consulate are trying to help but we can't find a thai/english solicitor in the area. My nightmare has truly begun, as has his.

I can confirm that the entry stamp "SADAO B008" is a fake, according to the court in Songkhla by telephone today. The immigration have jailed more than 20 foreigners in the last week who previously have used visa agents and got B008 in their passports.

All are going to court for fraud and illegal entry into Thailand.

Foreigners have been arrested in Songkhla, Ranong and Bangkok Airport and possible at more checkpoints. All exit checkpoints is ordered to arrest every foreigner with a SADAO B008, regardless if it's is the current stay stamp or a previous stamp with SADAO B008.

Archived