Guitar Immortals

Torneyboy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BB is right, I can play bass, but as an extension of playing guitar, with a bit of slap added to it. here at home, I have 5 guitars (brought one to stay in Pattaya): a Gretsch 1966 ("Monkee" orange), a Gibson D175 1955, a red fender strato , a 12 string Mountain acoustic , and a custom fender precision (bass). Plus 2 synths and an upright piano. And LOS screwed a great composing career, lemme tell you ::!

PS: THANKS MENTOR! THIS LIST IS CRAP, UNLESS RORY GALLAGHER IS TOP 5. AND NEIL YOUNG BELOW JONI MITCHELL????? WHAT THE FUCK :: :( :: :(:cussing:!?!

Says pattaya127:

BB is right, I can play bass, but as an extension of playing guitar, with a bit of slap added to it. here at home, I have 5 guitars (brought one to stay in Pattaya): a Gretsch 1966 ("Monkee" orange), a Gibson D175 1955, a red fender strato , a 12 string Mountain acoustic , and a custom fender precision (bass). Plus 2 synths and an upright piano. And LOS screwed a great composing career, lemme tell you ::!

PS: THANKS MENTOR! THIS LIST IS CRAP, UNLESS RORY GALLAGHER IS TOP 5. AND NEIL YOUNG BELOW JONI MITCHELL????? WHAT THE FUCK ::
:(
::
:(:cussing:
!?!

Hi Pt

You have enough to have youre own big band :up:

Gretsch and Gibson my favorites..you could practise without an amp..fender and other solid bodies you cant ...not well anyway.

Your post reminded me of "Axe Victim", Be Bop Deluxe. Bill Nelson wasn't a bad guitarist either and he's not on the list. I didn't check, but I'm sure he's not.

Lou Reed's on the list but not Steve Hunter and Dick Wagner who did the great guitar on his live albums? I guess Lou was the great guitarist and just wanted to give the studio guitarists a chance.

I could come up with many more examples, but I'm sure you're bored and I'm tired.

Archived