Guitar Immortals

Torneyboy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[

PS: THANKS MENTOR! THIS LIST IS CRAP, UNLESS RORY GALLAGHER IS TOP 5. AND NEIL YOUNG BELOW JONI MITCHELL????? WHAT THE FUCK :: :( :: :(:cussing:!?!

Where is Mick Box from Uriah Heep? Where is Gary Moore? ? Where is Brian "Robbo" Robertson :: :cussing:

I would like to know what kind of people had voted for this crap list! :onfire:

Says Mentors:

[

PS: THANKS MENTOR! THIS LIST IS CRAP, UNLESS RORY GALLAGHER IS TOP 5. AND NEIL YOUNG BELOW JONI MITCHELL????? WHAT THE FUCK ::
:(
::
:(:cussing:
!?!

Where is Mick Box from Uriah Heep? Where is Gary Moore? ? Where is Brian "Robbo" Robertson :: :cussing:

I would like to know what kind of people had voted for this crap list! :onfire:

Maybe sales related?

Page Hamilton - helmet.

If anybody knows them at all, although this is probably the kind of music he would least likely be happy to be recognised for.

The list has a lot of younf US kids voting.

Any of you guys know Soundgarden? Their guitarist is on there.

Says limbo:

Page Hamilton - helmet.

If anybody knows them at all, although this is probably the kind of music he would least likely be happy to be recognised for.

The list has a lot of younf US kids voting.

Any of you guys know Soundgarden? Their guitarist is on there.

Hi Limbo

you may be right...sure didn''t ask the board members here.

Don''t know Soundgarden :dunno:

TB,

I dont know what freakin criteria these clowns at RS used, but this is my criteria : what do they sound like LIVE ?

Based on that, I urge you to tear yourselves away from your Kylie collections and take the following albums for a spin (in any order) :

1. Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous

2. Ted Nugent - Full Frontal Nuggity (Live 2000)

3. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - Live '75-85

4. Van Halen Live (Right Here, Right Now)

There are probably several others, but the thing I like about these albums is that many tunes which are fairly 'ordinary' in the studio come to life onstage, and the guitar sound of the bands involved is a major part of that. I like some of Satriani's stuff, but I've never heard him live.

In terms of underrated guitarists, and people I'd rather listen to, its hard to go past people like Rory Gallagher. Didnt see any references to Ritchie Blackmore in this thread, either, but he seems to have faded from the public consciousness - every bit as good as many of his contemporaries, IMO.

Archived