What Do You Smoke?

Straycat

...brand of cigarettes that is? ;)

First some interesting facts:

In Thailand for adults age 15 and older, smoking prevalence was 60% for men and 4% for women in 1986. In 1996, rates had dropped to 49% for men and 2.7% for women (23% overall). 45% of cigarettes are hand rolled, and 55% are manufactured commercially. 96% of brands are domestic, and 4% are imported.

Preferred Brand of Cigarettes?

Krong Thip - 'Holy Filter'

Gold City

Sai Fon

Samit

Royal

Mild Seven

LM

Marlboro

Other...plz specify!

I don't smoke cigarettes...

Actually, looking at the Thailand Tobacco Monopoly's web site I see many more brands that I've never heard of -- let alone ever seen for sale anywhere...Wonder and Blue Wave for example ::

I smoke Marlboro, BTW.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted LM as I usually smoke a carton of red when in LOS, but I pretty much tried them all mainly the local krung thep is ok though a bit on the strong side & the cheap local tobacco I was told to smoke when visiting a BG family as it's just so much cheaper, but not really to my liking though...

Marlboro is for the rich (BG's) :neener:

I put marlboro but as i am in the throws of trying to give up the bloody things :cussing::censored::banghead:(two days now and no fags) i suppose i should have put "i don't smoke" well this week at work should either find me happy as larry as im a non smoker or up for murder by the end oif the week!

Says ib13:

...mainly the local krung thep [Krong Thip, Grong Tip - Straycat's note] is ok though a bit on the strong side...

yeah, I get some serious throat problems with that brand...in that context I find the name quite funny - grong = filter, tip=holy... :)

Says ib13:

Marlboro is for the rich (BG's)
:neener:

one certainly get funny remarks in the bar if they see you smoke a local brand... :neener:

-- but I wonder who voted Sai Fon (Falling Rain) and Mild Seven....the latter I thought was only for the japanese? ::

Archived