What Do You Smoke?

Straycat

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Old Hippie:

Just wondering, what does a pack of smokes cost in other countries? LOS about $.50-1.00usd, here in California, around $4-5usd, or more out of a machine...all due to taxes and general BS...

Well here in the UK, you will usually pay somewhere in the region of 4-5 quid for a pack of 20, although there are a couple of 'cheapie' brands for around 3.80 gbp, damned well disgusting they are too. ::

In Canada the average price varies in different Provinces, I pay $8.00 Canadian for a pack of 20 B&H, which is about $5.60 US, almost all brands are the same price, except for Number 7 which are about 10% less.

Costly vice :banghead:

Significant number of those who don't smoke cigarettes. Not dumping on those who do because I had the good fortune to never start. A number of us have admitted we would be better off, and might have more/better sanuk if we didn't drink. Is there an opening for a non-smoking, go-go juice bar on SC? :rolleyes:

.........I had the good fortune to never start

I used to smoke at weekends (felt great to accompany my beer with a smoke) but never got addicted to them.

Never woke up in the morning thinking: "ahh, let me light up a smokey to begin my f%#cking Monday morning" :)

like BB i smoke roll ups in the UK and i do so because i refuse to pay the obscene prices in th UK.

costs me around 1GBP a day to have a smoke.

in Thailand i smoke Krong Thip,similar to Marlboro.

they have a strong taste and i need that after rollies.

many other cigarettes do not have the ooomph to give me the buzz after a roll up.

i always go for it and bring home around 2000 and hope i never get stopped by customs.

never have been caught yet and at around 6 GBP for 200 is a bargain.

but i will be in A'dam in a couple of weeks and will really go for it bringing fags and tobacco home.

pity i will not have the room or strength to carry home what the quota is.

Archived