Asian Pollies and Fisticuffs

gobbledonk

Am I the only one who finds it worrying to see two matronly South Korean women trying to bitch-slap one another in the SK version of parliament ? If this were an isolated incident, no problem, but it seems to be a regular occurrence in countries like Taiwan and even, surprisingly, Japan. Outwardly conservative societies with politicans who get so fired up over things like corruption allegations that they fell compelled to beat their colleagues with a blunt instrument - WTF ? Imagine your local elected representatives pounding one another on national television - hardly fair when the taxpayer deserves a free swing at each and every one of them.

If these were just people in the street, I could deal with it, but these are the same people the world relies upon to make calm, objective decisions when their neighbours start sabre-rattling. They certainly give a new urgency to phrases like 'crossing the floor' ::

Says artiew:

Am I the only one who finds it worrying to see two matronly South Korean
women
trying to bitch-slap one another in the SK version of parliament ? If this were an isolated incident, no problem, but it seems to be a regular occurrence in countries like Taiwan and even, surprisingly, Japan. Outwardly conservative societies with politicans who get so fired up over things like corruption allegations that they fell compelled to beat their colleagues with a blunt instrument - WTF ? Imagine your local elected representatives pounding one another on national television - hardly fair when the taxpayer deserves a free swing at each and every one of them.

If these were just people in the street, I could deal with it, but these are the same people the world relies upon to make calm, objective decisions when their neighbours start sabre-rattling. They certainly give a new urgency to phrases like 'crossing the floor' ::

If it happened here the taxpayers would be in uproar.

What a disgrace.

Throw them out of office .imo

Archived