Various 10 baht coins

limbo

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi KS,

good shots.

From your 11 coins, we've got only 3, top left and 2nd row 2nd (common one) and last, the one with the camera.

All others I've never seen before, but I've got 6 different ones here that you don't have, one with HM and Rama V, one with a sister of HM, one with HM (which is the most recent AFAIK), another one with HM and 2 different ones with HM and I think other kings.

Very interesting, so looking at our combined collections, there's at least 17 coins out there.

I'm sure there's a few more. Gotta keep attentive!! :grinyes:

I'll see if I can make some pics tomorrow of mine.

OK, for all the coin challenged

I looked a a couple od dealer sites and found 15+ from '96 to '02...five alone in '02 for sale

King's 75th Birthday

Trade Dept.

Highway Dept

Scout Jamboree

Watchilla Hospital

that's just what one dealer had for sale.

:grinyes:

Also found you some shops in Bkk

CHAKRAPONG STAMPS

Map grid: G-6

Mail: Chakraphong Stamps, 423 Charoen Krung Soi 43, Si Phraya, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand

Hours: Monday-Saturday ........

Tel: 639-5580 (01) 486-4860 cellular

Veerachai Smitasin and his father had operated Sio Siah Kee Stamp and Coin Shop at 1216 Charoen Krung Road for many years but in 1997 the father retired and closed the store. Veerachai then opened a shop a short ways down Charoen Krung Soi 43, opposite the north end of the GPO. He has now moved back to the original shop.

Veerachai has produced two of the finest Thai/English books on Thai coins and banknotes. He speaks excellent English.

S. SURACHAI COINS AND STAMPS

Map Grid: G-6

Mail: S. Surachai Coins & Stamps, G.P.O. Box 1574, Bangkok, 10501, Thailand

Tel: 234-0836

This store is located directly across the street from the GPO but, as the name implies, they are more into coins than stamps. They have a rather limited English-language capability.

and a link to more shops Stamp/Coin Shops

Enjoy

Archived