String Bracelet - any meaning?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi toneyboy,

>>My wife just told me at many weddings the couples are given these by many guests..so they end up with 10 or more on their arms..for good luck and happiness.

Take off after 3 days.<<

Your wife is correct, when I was in Thailand this April I went up to my TGF village to meat her parents :grinyes:

While I was in village we celebrated both of your birthdays a day apart :neener:

We also had the good luck ceremony ( I call it our good luck & engagement ceremony) :beer::grinyes::beer:

We had a small ceremony and her family and friends tied strings around our wrist ::

My TGF asked me not to remove them for about 5 days for good luck, I still have mine on from April and promised her I wouldn't that them off until she made to the States :grinyes:

she also kept hers on for good luck and until she makes it to the States :grinyes:

paulc31 :angel::grinyes:

Also this is a very Issan thing to do, it's not as common in the Central region.

Alot of these things depend on the sentiment you attach to it. My Thai sister plaided a few strings from a local temple which I wore until they dropped off a couple years later. But I'd cut off those ones you get at weddings after a few days.

We had a small ceremony and her family and friends tied strings around our wrist

My TGF asked me not to remove them for about 5 days for good luck, I still have mine on from April and promised her I wouldn't that them off until she made to the States

she also kept hers on for good luck and until she makes it to the States

paulc31

Long time to keep them on you both must be commited ::

>Just took a scissor and cut them off.

You did that?

I thought my esteem for their wrist starps was low..still, invested some time (and some saliva) to untie them. Tried to play by their rules, although none of them could see me 33K feet above the ground and a few K miles away.

You were right to play by the rules, the network is all around us. :eek:

Archived