what will she do?

A regular girl of mine in the scene has just told me I'm a father. I've known her for awhile...before she entered the scene. I have a rule of not ever being a bank or paycheck while away from LOS. This lady is quite hot and a baby would be beautiful...the catch is she knows my girlfriend and knows of my plans to marry her. She has told me she will never tell my TGF or interfer with my plans to marry. I have a few problems as I see it.

1st. Is this my baby: I kept her for awhile and didn't use protection...I butterflied every day on her and she might have on me...I asked her to leave from 2p.m. till? I will find you later I would say...

2nd. Is she fibbbbbing to me: She hasn't asked for anything yet...she also told me she would take care of the child.

3rd. Will she use it against me! I have never caught her in a lie...I've tried. She looks out for my interests...refuses money...likes me too much...

I'm uncertain as to how to deal with this turn of events...

I need to watch my step and not anger her as she could mess my plans up. I got my hand stuck in the honey pot. She wants this child or so it seems. I want it as well but i'm on a fine line here. If this ever came out there will be hell to pay!

Any ideas!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SB,

In the past couple of years, 3 of my friends have gotten the same news from their regular girls, always just after their return to Farangland. In all 3 cases, it was later proved with a little detective work that the girl was never pregnant. I'd be suspicious until the baby is born and you've confirmed paterntity.

On the other hand, if it is your kid, then you need to step up and take responsibility.

Ranger

>. I have a rule of not ever being a bank or paycheck while away from LOS.

If you are a citizen of a reasonably civilised country and the baby is yours, count on 30-40K per month for the next 18 years (it's only 8.6 million baht).

If you refuse to support her and the baby, any Thai lawyer would be able to contact your country's embassy and fix you up.

She would not have to pay anything for his services - all on you. Even if the lawyer has to travel to your country to meet your lawyer, you will be flying him biz class.

If you don't like this situation, the only piece of good luck you may need here is - the baby is not yours.

In any case, good luck.

Different countries deal with it very differently.... I'm not sure what country you refer to here, but the UK, Australia and New Zealand don't seem to do too much. That is not to say that you shouldn't do all that you can, but I think your email was way scarier than reality (except for perhaps residents of the US)

Stick

Get a blood test done to confirm the parentage of the child when born. If it not yours you dodged a bullet. If it is yours then you have alot of responsibilities to handle. You first have to provide for your child and secondly you have to tell your fiancee.

In the interim until you confirm the parentage, I would suggest you open up that wallet of yours and provide the chick with enough monthly income to keep her out of the game. Send her an ATM card to keep an eye on the funds and have her go to the local hospital that will accept your credit card for pre-natal care(this will also let you know if she is going to her appointments). This is the least you can do considering the risk you took going bareback. After all you wouldn't want the possible future mother of your child to continue hooking or worse give birth to a deformed child.

I would stall or avoid marriage until you know for sure because it is only fair to your soon to be wife.

Don't be a twit and pay the girl a lump sum to dissappear if it is your child. The child deserves to be registered at the embassy and receive all of the benefits that you can provide as a father even though it will not be raised by you. Don't Cheap Charlie the chick or your child, pay a fair amount for child support and insure that your child will have a decent education so that they will not become a street urchin or worse.

I hope you dodge the bullet and if you don't I really hope you do the right thing.

:beer:

Good info!

Will she go to term if no source of money is in the pipeline? I think in the end she might get it taken out as working the gogo was her main source of income. This certain girl had no bank role from over-seas...she might of lied but I doubt it.

SB

1. Confirm that she *really* is pregnant. That means a check up some where *you* trust. Talk to her first, along the lines of you are worried about the baby and her, you want to check everything is OK, will she go for a check up? If she agrees, *you* set up the appointment at somewhere reputable (Bummingrad maybe) for a full work up plus ultrasound, and make it clear that the report is copied (faxed?) across to you. If she dodges the issue/appointment for any reason, case closed, shes bluffing.

2. If she *is* pregnant, then check the dates. With the report from the hospital, you will know how many months pregnant, plus possible date of conception (plus or minus a couple of weeks). Were you *in* Thailand then? Its amazing how these girls can screw up on this point.

3. If she *is* pregnant, and it *is* possible you are the daddy, well, then whole new ball game. While you can get pre-natal blood screening, its not really recommended (risk to the baby), and probably not worth it. As said, pay up for now, and get a blood check after the baby is born (again, a few places do this).

To me, the timing of all this (you getting married, she knows it etc) is all a bit suspicious. She will know you want "it" kept quiet, and that gives her a lot of leverage.

main thing is don't panic, and get it properly checked out. Depending upon finances, you may also want to get *her* discretely checked out..is there a new Thai boyfriend hovering around the edges or the like?

-j-

Archived