TGs ordering food for you?

maxal

The "too much food" thing seems to be another face thing. Along with not trying to pick up the bill when a Thai invites you to lunch or dinner. Another face thing seems to be ordering too much food so as to appear prosperous. Conversely it is supposedly impolite to eat everything until all the food is gone as it makes the host appear unable to afford enough food for his / her guests.

Some Thai friends did the same thing here at an expensive Japanese restaurant. As they are ordering all the food I'm thinking your bill is going to be huge. Everybody had to take a box with them as they ordered about double what we all could eat. I would guess the bill had to have been close to $100/person between food and drinks. Not bad for a nice dinner for two but damn expensive for a large group.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

If Hubby cannot read the menu, I explain the ingredients but he picks it himself. When we go out to eat with friends in Thai restuarants, if asked I explained, not, I just keep my mouth shut (Jasmine can shut her mouth at times), I hear some of you guys laughing out there :neener:

Jaqsmine ::

Years ago I was out with a thai friend having food at a suki type restaurant. He started swearing at the waitress. Fuck fuck fuck.. Little did I know it was a turnip type vegetable called "fuck" Opps was embarrassed when asked him what pissed him off. :o

I do find it differently, usually I am stuck in ordering and they wait for my lead until I tell them to order. which is just as bad at times.

>food at a suki type restaurant.

That's where I won free meals and drinks..MK. Once only, but food there is not what you come to Thai to taste..

With the thread: The food is always ordered by my gf. Some extra negotiations about "no skin".

Cultural thing: she loves keeping the purse and paying herself (for both of us).

Myself, never ordered, never paid (directly). Always good food. All her care.

Archived