Who will win the 2003 RUGBY WORLD CUP ?

gobbledonk

Hi Artiew

The Japanese team at the Rugby world sevens i saw 2 years ago in Hongkong did very well.

Different game this time however.

The heat will take its toll but the smaller Japanese guys will not burn up as much energy and should give the Scots a good game ..imo :dunno:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to find something of interest to report on every day between now and the WC !

-------------------

Assess the french. I see a lone voice voted for them. not me, they've been way too erratic lately, but as usual, a contender if they produce "their" game. I remember the first world cup in Australia when they beat the home team in the semis. Allonzenfants......

PS: voted Blacks.

Cmon P127 - I thought you'd be willing to back the Tri-Color, regardless of the event :)

One thing about the French - their opponents will know they've been in a physical encounter, regardless of the scoreline. Its one of the factors which makes such a long tournament so interesting - to see who can bounce back from games like that.

Well, the mismatches, which were always going to be a problem in the opening rounds, have started.

Putting a team like England up against *minnows* like Georgia is like inviting PeeWee Herman into the ring with Tyson. Similarly, France had few problems with Fiji and NZ absolutely belted Italy (70-7, and a few records in the process...).

Overall, the Wallaby-Puma match was probably the closest, despite the final scoreline. Will be interesting to see what sort of numbers appear in the finals - hopefully, much closer results.

Congrats to the USA for coming within a goal kick of defeating Fiji - it would have been the upset of the tournament. Especially noteworthy when you consider that Rugby would have a very small following in the US, whilst it is virtually a religion in Fiji. Perhaps it says something about the willingness of a *rich* country to invest in a sport which will place it on the world stage : I cant really say, but it's still an achievement for such rank outsiders.

Archived