Is Batam worth a visit?

Belem

When will things be back to normal? If I have to change my plans, I will. This is a trip I have been looking forward to for a long time. I figured that since Eid is on November 25 and that because that holiday signals the end of Ramadan, that things would be back to normal a few days after that(more wishful thinking than anything).

Look at it this way. Ramadhan is the fast and Eid is the blast. Everyone wants to go home for Eid. Visit old friends and family swap gifts and eat and eat and eat. Two days after Eid people will still be circling the kampung eating giving and getting and eating. So its more like a week or two before things are back to normal. However I have been in Riau during Ramadhan and around Eid and there are always girls there. Plenty of people don't go home. So a week after shouldn't be a problem especially during the week. At the weekend the place is flooded with whore mongers from Singapore. You may try asking on the Batam Nightlife Forum. I think its actually modded by the owner of Lucy's and P.T. Banana.

Archived