Moving to Thailand in November!!!????!!!????***

November is coming soon, so let the fun begin.

Years ago, I became severely sick. Almost died. Doctors claimed I would die. Could not work. Could not do anything. Decided to do things my own way, just like your self. Started my own business. I let 2 professionals examine my business plan. They both considered me crazy. Main reasoning was I was opening a business that was about 1/2 hour drive away from the nearest city. It was in the country. It was a crazy move, but it worked. I had customers traveling over 250 miles to buy from me. Expanded the business. Added on a 2 story addition. Fell from the 2nd story addition and fractured my back in 2 places and fractured and dislocated 60 degrees to the right all the bones in my left foot at the arch. Later the experts said I would never walk again. They were wrong. No metal in foot and no pain. The adventure continues. One story after another.

My advice to you, let the adventure unfold. You might be surprised at what unfolds. Maybe in 20 years from now, you will have so many adventures to tell, you can write several books. What makes life interesting is not the Disney land type security some seek, but the new frontier experience that is mixed with danger and excitement.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's all about cheap women and booze. Strangely no mention of them. How quickly we sell out our IT dreams for a English teaching job. And you haven't even left.

Shit, I haven't even left yet and I know that Thailand offers more than pussy and Jack Daniels.

The rest of what you wrote I can't even bother with.

Cheer up man, things will be OK if you want them to be.

Matt

"I hear there is no problem using ATM machines, but have some backup cash incase."

That is correct. I never have a isssue using ATMs. I have money deposited into a US account every month. I withdraw as I need each month. I have a Thai bank account, but it only has a small amount in it. Yes, ATMs give the best exchange rate. I would not worry about it not working. Never a problem in 5 years for me and my friends who do the same here. Do make sure that you have a $500 withdrawl limit on you ATM so you can pay for big things like apartment & airfare.

I would not bother with traveller's checks or any more than a couple hundred US cash "just in case".

Cheers,

SD

Be sure to check with your US bank as to what their international ATM withdrawel fees are. I had 2 cards from 2 differant banks. One charged $1.50 per withdrawal, the other $5.00. Also, you can adjust your daily and weekly withdrawal limits so you don't find yourself cut off when you most need the money.

dj

You must have missed the post before that one. US company pays my salary into a US bank via wire transfer. $5 charge. I use ATM from said bank to live in LOS. No charge. Plus I get interest on my money in the checking account (but I am not sure they offer interest checking any more)!

My bank is a small high-end & service-oriented bank based in Detroit area -- Franklin Bank

Cheers,

SD

Check out www.firstib.com. Best rates you can find.

What's new..........................selling off all mystuff................................RedSox loose in OT.......................indecision.....................questioning......................second guessing.............................what's wrong------------what's right----------------------------third world.......................what I am I thinking................does life get easier?????????? do I want it to.............................everything is too unstable..................................let the chips fall............................fuck it.............................

Archived