Moving to Thailand in November!!!????!!!????***

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of things. The spelling is Thai. I got that one down, it was more of a slip than anything. Thank's for the correction.

As for computer jobs. I have seven years experience in I.T. as a desktop support person, and have a very good resume for what I do. I realise many Thai people are coming out of college with a computer degree, and will work cheaply. I would expect Thai wages when I am there, I have heard that teachers survive off 25 to 30,000 baht a month to survive. My hope is to at least get a job making that much, I know it isn't living the high life, but for the experience I will take it. If I live in a studio apartment, so be it.

What about teaching computers in English, would that make me marketable?

More than anything I appreciate all your feedback, when mentioning this trip to people that have vacationed in Thailand, they make it seem like an all day all night party. I'm trying to protect myself from seeing it that way. This group sounds more like realists.

So how do I go about finding a computer job.

Matt

Hi,

Many of us in this borad are in IT field including me with a MS and almost 30 years experience.

What I am trying to say is that the fact the Thais have good resources in IT. A Thai woman with a PhD in IT from here (USA) and good connection just informed me last month that the only job offer she has is from Thammasart Univ. as a lecturer of $25,000 Baht.

So analyze your situation a little more clearly. On teaching computer in English, many Thais can teach in both Thai and English.

All I am trying to say is that Thailand is not an easy place to find a job. Teaching English will be your best bet, IMO.

Cheers!

I feel bad to see someone go to Thailand uninformed!

-----------------------------

Don't, anymore! He is in SF, so actually, after meeting me, he will be completely knowledgeable, with no stones unturned, and no thai behaviour unexplained... he may actually find it "deja vu".

Trust me! ::

Guest lazyphil

<<Many of us in this borad are in IT field including me with a MS and almost 30 years experience>>

Dear Khun Jasmine, you could at least spell board correctly :neener:

Archived