The Fake Diploma issue

[color:"blue"]So - the bottom line for me on the "Fake Degree" issue is - this is not a question about whether a "hard knocks" degree is as good or better than a sheepskin from a real college - this is about the question: Are you a dishonest person who will start your relationship with a new employer by lying to that employers face. If so, where do you draw the line on dishonesty - educational credentials? Criminal record? Falsifying expenses? Stealing employer property?

To me - having weak formal educational credentials is a minor issue- being a corrupt lying dirtbag is another.

Stone Soup

[/color]

Very well put.

Now a slight twist. Does one then have the right to expect the same in return from the employer?

No doubt we all know of employers (perhaps even in the Education field) who really never intend to come through with what is supposedly offered. Be it work permits, benefits, salaries, bonuses etc.

SO we know it's supposed to be honest in both directions, but in many cases is not. So how can one totally weed out or deal with the 'dishonest' employer. And where will they stop.

Interested on your take.......and no easy way out like, well research and don't deal with them. Many do and are still run over.

Because if the onus is on the employee to check their employer then the opposite is true and it's all a buyer beware and do unto others before they do unto you world.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

LoL-- :D...this one I particually liked!!

Dear Professor,

I've been trying to date a girl who lives on my street. She's extremely beautiful and sophisticated, and I think she's the most radiant creature that ever walked the earth. I've asked her out on a date many times, but she keeps turning me down. I've called her and visited her on numerous occasions, even going to her place late at night so I know I'll catch her at home, but she just won't go out with me despite my persistence. Yesterday, I found out she took out a restraining order on me. What should I do?

Signed,

Persistent

Dear Creepy Stalking Bastard,

Your problem is by no means unique. You watch a girl for weeks, learn her entire routine, call her in the dead of night and hang up when she answers. You set up a shrine in her honor, covered with dead pigeons and the photographs you took of her while watching her through a telescopic lens. Then you rent a van and try to pull her in, but she still resists. What is a man to do?

I have a suggestion that'll help you with this problem, but I'll wait until the trial to give it to you.

Get a life, you fucking psycho.

"So how can one totally weed out or deal with the 'dishonest' employer. And where will they stop."

I will mainly speak about thailand and in particular education

The ministry of labour is very very fair when it comes to employee/ employer problem. Even if it is a fararg vs a big thai school. I have seen a number of cases and they usually side with the employee and give a small slap on the wrist for the employer.

Yes there are a few schools which still cause problems ( ex. Adanac- canada spelt backwards.) but most people who have done any research on teaching in thailand will know about them. Other people who dont care may choose to go with them. Yes so you are right it is the responsibility of the employee to research them. Also is true for the employer but most dont want to stay up to all hours of the night to call a university overseas etc.

It is the Labor Department that wants educational credentials, as part of the work permit application. But - they appear to be satisfied if they can just "check the block" saying that you submitted evidence that you were qualified/trained - I do not know of them actually checking.

Stone Soup

This one may do. Would it come with the fake credentials.

It may be ok if you could line them up and say to them, you little bastards your not leaving until I get my 104 hours in for the month then I will see you next month. Not sure if it will last till March but spending a whole month to get 28,000 baht in some rice field sure doesn't sound good either. I guess if you hated life and yourself that much and had your own buffalo to bonk it could work out.

Archived