The Fake Diploma issue

Ok firstly it's not for me, it's for little brother.

Who is actually not living in Thailand but another asian country and honestly doesn't "need it" just would make life simpler. His work is only partly in teaching.

But he has requested that I forward a "Faked Diploma" to him.

Anyone care to throw around some enlightened or otherwise, hypothesis of what the legal outcomes of purchasing such a document down at KSR might be if things got sticky? Anyone want to take a run at what the probabilities of a complication might be?

I mean actually it's just a present for joke purposes :-)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi PJC,

first this question has been discussed before so you can use search.

Buying or making a fake diploma isn't a crime. If you use it however it's part of a fraud and forging of documents will - in most countries - increase the penalty.

Why not buy a diploma from an internet university? For 200-1000 USD you can buy a title you can use - even if it's of course hasn't any other value.

elef

I believe there has been a serious crackdown on fake degrees. I beleive you can not get them on KSR anymore. Thank god.

People just think they can print off a piece of paper and it will open doors. Most employers can tell a university graduate without seeing any paper.

I would presume that if your brother was having problems at work HR might looking into the degree and he would be fired. I guess they could get him for fraud if they were really pissed at him.

I do really resent the fact that I worked hard for 6 years and spent a shitload of money and time into my degrees and some security guard or garbageman thinks they could just buy a piece of paper and try and take some university level jobs.

"Buying or making a fake diploma isn't a crime. If you use it however it's part of a fraud and forging of documents will - in most countries - increase the penalty."

But remember that although you might be innocent of a crime, you might be perceived as being guilty of aiding and abetting something or other, and they could be realy rough on you for a while. That is assuming that you could prove yourself innocent. Remember where you are.

Its really too bad that some HR departments and hiring managers place so much emphasis on degrees and certificates that people feel they have to fake it. Then, there will always be those who will just try to see how much they cna get away with.

RickF

Another drawback is, if you get the KSR lot to make one up that they havent done before, they keep a copy to show off to other customers.

If its done for a joke no problem, but if you happen to have an unusual name and a teacher from your school is just browsing OOOPPS! :o ( true story ) And no, he didnt get fired, he had been told by the agency to get the paper.

"Its really too bad that some HR departments and hiring managers place so much emphasis on degrees and certificates that people feel they have to fake it. Then, there will always be those who will just try to see how much they cna get away with"

Depends on the job. There are some jobs that you need the critical thinking / problem solving skills that a degree gives you. Most people dont remember much about the info in their degree program but still have the skills years later. Yes It is sad that some jobs need a degree.

Guest lazyphil

<<I do really resent the fact that I worked hard for 6 years and spent a shitload of money and time into my degrees and some security guard or garbageman thinks they could just buy a piece of paper and try and take some university level jobs>>

If I was in your shoes I'd pity not resent such people being so desperate to do this. Also I'd imagine they'd be weeded out pretty quickly and booted out ::...I see no need for you to feel like this because they don?t pose a threat and educated Thais can distinguish educated falang from uneducated ones if they cant it must illustrate the short comings of the Thai education system and I'd consider moving on to Singapore or Japan where pay and standards will be higher :dunno:

Archived