Web host / server needed

Stickman

I'm not joking. I have few servers leased with BurtonHosting with total satisfaction.

Their connection is very fast and reliable. The servers come with CPANEL/WHM, it's really an excellent deal.

As per the 2000 GB this basically means no bandwidth limit, that's all.

>> Sorry, but I remain very sceptical. What are you running on those servers?

I'm running commercial websites, message boards and ftp sites.

>> And how much bandwidth are you pulling?

Minimum 500 GB/month.

I've also been looking at various hosting options for my long-planned website. Thanks for the useful links and tips already mentioned but has anyone got any feedback about Thai Provider? http://www.thaiprovider.net They seem ridiculously cheap (eg. B500/month !! for 125 MB disk space, 2500MB/month data transfer, etc). Thanks.

Hi,

Hosters pay bandwidth is on the difference between incoming and outgoing. In Thailand almost all of the traffic is incoming, so there is therefore a huge amount of 'excess' bandwidth going out available.

That makes bandwidth costs here very low.

Of course, there may be reasons why one would not want to host ones site in Thailand. I can think of a few :)

Sanuk!

seem ridiculously cheap (eg. B500/month !! for 125 MB disk space, 2500MB/month data transfer, etc

This plan is way overpriced unless that "etc" part is really sensational. Web hosting is normally defined in the number of GIGABYTES per month, not megabytes and bandwidth is usually the most important cost factor. You can find better deals easily like 8GB bandwidth (8000MB), 400MB disk space for $2.95US/month. Just scan this link for deals:

Web Hosting Offers Message Board

The only time having a thai web host would make sense is if your target community is in Thailand such as a mirror site. My experience is the international link is too bottlenecked and goes down too much for it to be useful for serving other countries.

Archived