Oil Massage in Bangkok--A Walk on the Mild Side

poorjudge

In my experience, the pants/shorts distinction is unimportant. I can think of at least six places where pants wearing masseuses were more than happy to provide some sort of extra on the first visit. I've also been to a couple of places where a cute girl in shorts didn't provide an extra. I'd say that at least 90% of massage places will offer an extra (o.k., you might have to ask) regardless of dress code.

A couple odds and ends first. Nanaplaza has a free but well-hidden page listing massage parlors. Using this as a guide, I decided to check out some out of the way places.

Saranjai (Sukhumvit Soi 6, in a small shopping area at the foot of an apartment building)

Soi 6 has to be the most boring, fun-forsaken soi off Sukhumvit. A desolate strip of pavement, often jammed with traffic, devoid of shade, and flanked by an abandoned building under construction and a church. The long trudge to Saranjai revealed the worthlessness of the journey. Saranjai appears to be an entirely legit Thai beauty treatment salon. Massage is not offered among the options on the window. If anyoner has specific information to the contrary, I'd love to hear it.

The verdict: Don't waste your time, though if you'd like to have your eyebrows plucked or your skin whitened....

Saa Beauty Salon (Sukhumvit Soi 12, about halfway down in a little soilet to the left)

This is your basic Thai beauty salon. Haircuts and other services desired by Thai women may be obtained there. Oil and Thai massage are an option, and I went for the 2 hour oil for 600B (I think). You go upstairs from the barbershop area into a room which serves as a bedroom (nice queen size bed--don't even think about it) and massage area. The massage area is curtained off. There appears to be only one masseuse. She's cute, early 30s, speaks English very well, and has a farang boyfriend (in country). She gave a nice, very sensual massage with absolutely no suggestion of naughtiness. As it seemed she was trying to be a "nice" girl, I didn't ask, but I envy her boyfriend.

There are no cleanup facilities.

Amusingly, if you go here you will get a very friendly third degree about how know about it. I invented a "friend" who had been there before and recommended it. I then proceeded to be grilled on my imaginary friend, lol.

The verdict: Nice place, friendly staff, no action.

So Nice Massage (Sukhumvit, connection of Sois 11 and 13 at the end)

Just did a walk-by here. This appears to be yet another Thai beauty salon which also offers massages. I wouldn't bet on any action here. I'll make a couple general comments about this sort of place at the end of this report.

Arpasra Beauty Salon (Sukhumvit Soi 7, poolside at the Park Hotel)

As you walk along Soi 7 you'll see the Arpasra sign on the street. Out of sheer curiousity I wandered in, made my way across the parking lot, through the hotel, past the pool, and up the stairs to Aspasra. There's a barber chair ( a Thai woman was having her hair done when I arrived, not an employee, I think) and a tiny reception area with desk. The advertised price of a 2 hour oil massage was 800B. When I suggested this was too expensive, the price immediately came down to 600B. The would-be masseuse was older and heavier, and had poor skin. Completely insane (or purely in the interests of science), I started to accept and asked to see the room. The "room" is a tiny walled cubicle (no door, the walls didn't go all the way to the ceiling) directly behind the barber chair. The lack of privacy was the last straw and I slunk away, muttering something about hearing my mother calling.

The verdict: Maybe they offer a good service for hotel guests, maybe not. Not worthwhile to drop by.

Lucky Massage (Sukhumvit Soi 18)

This place is waay back near the soilet which connects Soi 18 with Soi 20. The ground floor is the usual collection of massage chairs and a desk. I dropped by and was assigned a chubby but friendly girl wearing the polo shirt/pants uniform. I went for the 2 hour oil massage (500B, I think), and was taken into the back room on the ground floor. This appears to be a combination storage/massage room, as there is are a couple mattresses on the floor and a bunch of stacked up chairs and other odds and ends in various corners. My girl changed into shorts and tank top and gave a decent massage that was o.k. but a bit soft for my taste. She was happy to take her shirt off and provide a good extra, but she didn't pretend too hard on the GFE end of things.

I've been back, and if things are busy you'll probably be taken upstairs where there are curtained-off cubicles. Cleanup is provided for by a decent shower in the downstairs room. If this room is occupied, or if you don't like to parade past all and sundry from upstairs, then you're out of luck.

The verdict: Not bad, not great, but worth a look. You never know when or where you'll click with someone who you'll choose as a regular. This could be the place.

Generalities (The Boring, Opinionated Part)

The Thai Beauty Parlor

Aside from the normal shophouse massage places there are hundreds of Thai beauty shops, some also offering massage. On the whole, in my opinion and experience, thees places are not for naughty massage. I rule of thumb I use is this: Is a regular Thai woman getting some sort of beauty treatment when you look in? If so, you're not getting any action. One of the last things a woman at one of these places wants is to be thought a prostitute by her friends and neighbors.

Timing

When to go? Some massage places have morning/evening shifts that change around 18:00. Other places keep the same girls around from 10:00 to about 1:00 (although more girls seem to arrive after 13:00). Generally speaking, the earlier you go the less selection. On the other hand, the early arrival generally ensures more privacy, as you will often be the only customer throughout your 2 hour massage. This tends to make the women a little less inhibited, and gives you the opportunity to yell "Who's your daddy?", "Rule, Britannia!", or "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport!" without disturbing other customers.

Opening hours vary. Almost every place I've reported on opens at 10:00-10:30, a couple other places open around 7:30, another bunch open around 12:00. Closing hours can be anywhere from 24:00 to 3:00.

A Poor Judge of Character

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:applause::bow:

Once again, another excellent wonderfully detailed report on some of the lesser known venues in SanukSukdom.

But I am becoming a little concerned for you. No doubt all this traipsing about up and down these often unshaded sois, must produce a thirst only quelled by a cold, frosty beer. Now well and fair enough, but with this excess of massaging that you are enduring to provide these elucidating reports, I fear we shall soon have to change your moniker to 'Kobe' . :grinyes:

Be careful out there. :beer:

Hi poorjudge,

thanks for a series of good posts. ::

My experiences are not exactly the same. In all places they give oil massage the girls always finished with either touching the cock or my hair on the chest and the comment Sexy Man, so even if the places are not good for extras they wanted to follow to my hotel. Some places also have a extra room close by - this especially in hotel massages.

In places just giving thai massage the girls often - but not always - offer extras.

elef

You might want to experiment on the outer fringes of Bangkok, too. I've found myself out on Chaeng Wattana occasionally and have indulged there. Some good massage places to be found. There's one a couple of sois east of Big C. Can't remember the name, but it's right on the corner. Large-ish building, with murals of song notes and alcohol bottles (a good sign that it's not strictly massage). Next door to what was the FORMER location (not there anymore) of Cactus Jack's, the short-lived sister restaurant to the long-running El Gordo's on Silom, for those of you who remember Cactus Jack's. Been to this one a few times. One girl was very, very attractive, good-natured, and joking. At the start, she took off her jeans, she said to avoid getting them oily, and left on her shirt and panties. While rubbing me down, she occasionally "accidentally" brushed Mr. Happy, who was very erect before long. She then started telling me how cute erect farang cocks are. To make an erotic story short, I ended up, with NO negotiation, getting her panties off and going down on her, making her cum a couple of times, then she BJed me. Never did get her top off, but I think she would have with no problem; caught up in the moment, though, and did not get around to it. Tipped her 500 baht, which she protested was too much (but did accept). Charged, I think, 400 or 500 baht for the actual 2-hour masage. That was my best experience; other times, have had to negotiate for a hand job.

Also a place down the street to the west, after leaving the city limits into Nonthaburi Province, but before reaching the Expressway. A nightclub called Dakota, but with a side entrance around the side open at 12:00 noon for massage. Had a pleasant experience there, and one so-so experience.

Sazanka Massage (Sukhumvit Soi 22, inside Washington Square)

Today I wanted to try something new. After hearing good things about it, I went to a Korean Massage. When entering, you will find a very nice manager explaining all the different options. There are 6 items on the menu: From "Korea Style Skin Scrub" to "Sazanka Massage". Prices range from THB 500 for 30 Minutes to THB 1380 for 2 hrs. I opted for the full menu. After I was shown pictures of the girls I was asked to make my choice. All girls were good looking and in the 20 - 30 yrs. range. In this Massage you will not find any English newspapers or magazines. Everything is in Korean. There were about 5 other guests waiting, I was the only westener.

Then I locked my belongings in a locker and was brought up to the first room. After the girl came in, I undressed and we went downstairs to a different room which had a bed and a shower. There I was washed (yep, everywhere!), my hair was shampooed and I was given the salt treatment. Salt was placed over all my body and my skin was scrubbed. I felt like a pig, that is prepared for cooking. The feeling was not unpleasant though. Then I was washed again and we were going back to the first room.

I was asked for some drinks, which I agreed. There followed a nice (trad.) massage and hot towels were put all over my body. On top, she placed a plastic sheet and walked up and down, which was a very great feeling. Then she pulled up the towels, shut down the light and applied some baby power over all my body, was wandering around my body and used her fingernails very softly. I had goose bumbs all over my body. Then she used her fingernails to explore the region between my legs. She took some oil and I was given one of the most sensual hand jobs I have ever received in my life. After I finished, she asked me, whether I wanted a second one. She began with a very light trad. massage again and finally she gave me a second hand job. Then she showered me again and it was time to go. I have never felt so clean in my life.

The hand job is part of their SOP and they don not expect a tip, but it definitely doesn't hurt. I even was not charged for the drink. So, at a glance, very nice management, very nice girls, very good service. For THB 1360 I had very good 2 hours and I will definitely go back again.

The verdict: 3 thumbs up!! :up: :up: :up:

Hi there Peter,

Great report think I might give them a try in 6 weeks when I get back to BKK. Did u ask for anything more than the HJ or is that all that is on offer??

Uniformguy

Thank you very much!

I really don't know, as I didn't ask for more. I think, if the girl likes you and you ask her, there could be more. On the other hand I heard even touching is a no-no. The manager told me, as long as you opt for the menu-item "Steam towel & Lotion massage, 70 minutes" THB 880 (which actually is the second cheapest) or above, hj is included. However, the girl I had, was extraordinary skillful and used a special technique, I haven't seen before. From the moment I undressed til the time to dress again I didn't had to use my own hands; this I usually do not find in other places in this price-range and the rooms and facilities were better than usual too.

If you stand in front of the Bourbon Street restaurant Sazanka is about 30-50 Metres to your left in the same row of buildings. There is also a relatively small sign saying "Sazanka" (suprise,suprise :D). Opening times are from 12-12, I can confirm all the positive things, which have been said.

Archived