SMTP Servers

Straycat

I don't know about you but personally I just started to frequently change ISP in Thailand (depending on who is offering the best service/price ratio at the moment).

One very annoying thing with Thai Internet Service Providers (ISP) is that many of them never tell you the SMTP server address (i.e. the address you need to use for outgoing e-mail) -- neither in the package nor on their web sites...

I would suggest the following. Please, post the SMTP server addresses for Thai ISP:s that you know here. If this thread could be sticky or incorporated with the SEA Connectivity thread, then even better!

Here's the ones that I know:

Loxinfo/ CS Loxinfo - mail.loxinfo.co.th

Pacific Internet - smtp.pacific.net.th

More specifically, I'm currently in need for the SMTP address for AsiaAccess. Is there anyone out there that knows what it is?

Thanks to the help from another board member (my kudos!) I also got hold of this list:

A-Net Internet - smtp.anet.net.th

Asia Acess - smtp.asiaaccess.net.th

Asia Net - classic.asianet.co.th

C.S. - mail.cscoms.com

Idea Net - mail.idn.co.th

KSC - ksc.th.com;mweb.co.th

Internet Thailand - access.inet.co.th

Loxinfo - mail.loxinfo.co.th

Pacific internet - smtp.pacific.net.th

Samart - smtp.samart.co.th

Source: Some Tech Site

Why do you not use an isp-independent mail-service? I am using gmx (german, free) and using the same smtp/ pop3 where ever I am, what ever isp I am connected to. May be, some more free mail-services that might be interesting for you, can be found.

In my case though I'm too dependant on the e-mail addresses that I already have. So, I would rather not change -- just switch SMTP depending on the ISP I use at the moment.

There is no need to change the email addresses you are using just because you have an ISP independent email address: it just gives you an SMTP server that does not change. Just register for one and logon onto it often enough to keep it active. The return address on all emails can still be whatever you are currently using.

Tim, first it is very likely not working thru GMX, but it might work on some other Freemail Services. But, when you set up your Mail the way you suggested, your Mails very likely end up in various Spam Lists, risking that lots of people will not receive your Mails! (The Method you describe is similar to some methods the Spammers use, so any Spam Analyser Software will notice that!)

Sunny

I am using it too and never had a problem (I am using gmx.de, gmx.net and web.de). As far as I remember, spam filters are scanning the content and the sending-domain. Some domains are known for spamming and blocked, but usually not the hold mail-providers. Or did I misunderstand your posting?

There has historically been some problems with use of such spam killers as SpamCop blocking e-mails from free e-mail services. This has recently become much less of a problem with e-mails sent from reputable services such as fastmail.fm, yahoo and myrealbox. Recently, spam killers have tended to work more with content analysis and user specific blacklists, rather than globally blocking all e-mail from services that were ever misused. I would actually be more worried about lost e-mails using the e-mail services of the typical Thai ISP.

Archived