Grand President rates

Soi11

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check their web-site or make an inquiry stating you are a member of tsm? What I have heard, there are hidden charges as well and it might be worth asking for them too (service/ credit card/ internet/ ....).

Please do not forget to give an update to the board.

Peter, I have checked their website; the prices they advertise are a total rip-off.

I've also sent an email to the GP requesting a quote including the TSM discount.

Mentors' 3 day rate looks very attractive at ~1267/day.

I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Thanks for you responses.

I have stayed there many times before.

What I have heard, they nowadays have a new management (Singaporean) and many things changed to the bad. If you do a search on this or other boards, you will find longish threads with complaints. Some people moved to the admiralsuites (also belonging to the President-group) at soi 22 and they made good experiences. Keep on negotiating and good luck!

Here's the reply I rec'd from GP:

Thank you for your email, it (1,320) was a rate of last year. We are pleased to offer you a

special TSM rate of 2004 with Topaz Studio (THB) 1,450.- per night on room only,

valid until 31 Decmeber 2003. If you would like to reserve a room for January 2004,

please kindly confirm to me before 31 December 2003, otherwise we will offer you a

rate of year 2004.

Please be adivsed, that there will be 10% service charge on room and other services.

Look forward to hearing from you and having you stay with us in the near future.

Best regards,

Kwan

Secy. to GM

Hmm.., 1595 a night at the GP is getting a bit pricey.

I may stay there one last time and start looking for alternative accommodations on my next trip.

That is the standard E.Mail they send now. I replied that overall prices were increased by 20/21% from last year and got usual bullshit about service charge for benefit of employees. They must have been living on fresh air until this year.

I agree it has got pricey and I am looking at other alternatives for a 9 day stay in February. :down:

The GP has lost their mind. I am sorry, I like the place but the price is completely over the top. There are lots of options out there and I think to pay that much is just plain nuts. Its worth 1000 baht with no surcharge we all know that. So guys why dont we just boycott the place till they truely come up with a discounted rate. By the time you add it all up with the current strength of the baht. You are going to pay $40 a night. Then they will try to ding you for another 5% if you use a credit card. Hell for $40 a night you can stay in Vegas. Nothing but greed plain and simple. The place is worth $25 max.

Archived