My favorite hotels - BKK/Pattaya

Figured that I'd help to get at least one post up in some of the empty forums ...

My votes for best values in Bangkok go to:

Grand President

Majestic Suites

My votes for best values in Pattaya go to:

Eastiny (either Inn or Place)

Flipper

Pattaya Centre

Since pix aren't allowed, is there a place on the main Nanaplaza Website that you might allow hotel photos ?? - no girls, just roooms/prices.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite hotel in Bangkok is the Omni Tower at Soi 4, a few minutes away from nana plaza.

The 65 sqm Apartment for just 1750 Bhat - a good bargain.

You can see some pictures on my website

[ May 15, 2001: Message edited by: Sir Henry ]

I am still a relative newbie as far as LOS is concerned so I have very limited experience, however out of the three BKK hotels I have experinced the only one I have used twice is the JW Marriot. OK, I know its pricey by most sankers budgets but it is worth it.

For reference the other two were the Royal Benja (a mistake) and the Tai Pan (an even bigger mistake).

Again my limited experience can only add one hotel to te list for Pattaya, that is the Sabai Lodge. I was only there for four nights but I found it very friendly and relaxed. I liked the layout, with all the rooms around the pool, and the general standard was adequate considering the price (1500 baht per night in late Dec 2000).

Gromit

I always have to stay at the President Park. The excercise facilities are top notch. I've never had a problem with a guest. It is only a 3-4 minute ride to the different hot spots, except PP of course, and the front desk cutie Na is a sweetheart! Oh where I would luv to see those pouty lips wrapped!!! Don't know what the rate is as the company always picks up the tab. I have also stayed at the Bourbon Street Inn on one occasion. It was pretty good for 700bt per nite.

G

My BKK favorite was Grand President until they upped their rates; I tend towards the Majestic now. In Pattaya (actually Jomtien) its the Natural Park Lodge.

Archived