My favorite hotels - BKK/Pattaya

I also stayed there in April for 1060B. The first night the manager (older Thai man with glasses) told me there was a 500B joiner fee. I just told him I wouldn't pay it (actually I told the girl is my sister, his reply was something like "your sister? huh!"), anyway I didn't pay and I never heard anything more about it.

The girls did have to leave their ID in the reception. I remember they had a large collection of ID cards there.

I stayed on the 7th floor and it wasn't too bad. Certainly several steps up from the Nana. Big and clean rooms and the bathroom was ok. Breakfast buffet also ok, although it finished a bit early (10am). My only complaint is that they gave me a twin room with two separate beds.

quote:

Originally posted by gromit:

To: Peter G

Re the joiner fee - they had a very nice printed receipt book at reception specifically for these charges !

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorites are

PATTAYA: NOVA LODGE ( good service / no guest problems / nice Rooms / good German Restaurant called Zeppellin)

BKK: PRINCE HOTEL / Grace Hotel and GRAND PRESIDENT

Greetings

TSDOUBLE2 cool.gif" border="0

ok, my first post in the all new NANAPLAZA. If price is no object then definetly

Bangkok; J W Marriot

Pattaya: Dusit or Royal Cliff

I know that they are both a little pricey for most but if you can afford it, they are great!!!!

Will be back in LOS in 5 weeks and since Im paying for the trip cant afford either of these properties myself.

Snuffy smile.gif" border="0

I like the Federal Hotel on Soi ll not really fancy but has funky 1960 style motel type feel to it at around 600 Baht you have clean place with a good pool to relax during the afternoon. Not on the high end but certainly adeqaute the restaurant is good and popular with many thai people

KK

Thats odd I did the cheap deal and they never asked me for the dreaded fee. I can only think this is a recent policy as last year I must have checked in there at least 8 times and took about ten girls back. Only asked twice for ID. Once I refused and they said OK up to you. I hate this joiner fee crap, I think I may find another place-peter

king kong wrot:

[QB]I also stayed there in April for 1060B. The first night the manager (older Thai man with glasses) told me there was a 500B joiner fee. I just told him I wouldn't pay it (actually I told the girl is my sister, his reply was something like "your sister? huh!"), anyway I didn't pay and I never heard anything more about it.

To Fosse:

Hmmm ... interesting name you got. Are you Dutch? It would translate as a 'ditch'. The German variant of that word (which I won't mention for reasons of decency)is a vulgar term for the female organ.

Cheerio. laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

My favourite hotel in Bangkok is the Royal Asia hotel not far from Nana Clinton plaza and Soi Cowboy its clean and no problem with guests.

Best in Pattaya is a hotel which is only new is called the bliss mansion on soi Diana very clean no problem with guests and near enough the nightlife scene. At only 2660 baht a week it is great value.

Francis

Regarding the Haven Hotel,

I am booked there inthe next few weeks, I read on the board that some rooms are noisy.

If they are why is that ? Are there certain rooms to avoid. What is the noise factor at the eastiny?

Nglansth wink.gif" border="0

Archived