My favorite hotels - BKK/Pattaya

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Neon Ninja:

And what was the deal with having to stick the room key in a little slot to make the AC work?!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we all know what to do to overcome that problem. Make sure we bring a suitably sized piece of plastic the next time and use it instead of the key. Or better still take trhe key off the plastic and leave the plastic in the switch.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too have to praise the Omni. It is very guest friendly, no id checks, i had 4 girls through there in one 24 hour period and no problem. the security guy kept giving me the thumbs up sign.

Gotta cast my vote for the JW Marriott in BKK. Pricey but not overly so, discrete, great service, excellent food service, and a near-perfect location. I've become a regular there and they always give me a corner room, a big bowl filled with fresh fruit, and a stash of extra tooth brushes for my guests. How's that for service!

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from my tri-yearly trips:

BKK -- I agree on the JW Marriott, and like other posts, I am a frequent visitor, courteous staff, they give me corner room or suite for standard price. Staff is discrete and one of my Thai regulars dresses like business woman not BG, so they treat her like a queen. I love the bowl of fruit and excellent exercise facilities.

Pattaya -- No experience

Phuket -- Have stayed at Thara Patong. Very Guest friendly. They just put in new rooms in new building which walk out to back porch and down steps (from your room) right into new huge pool. Cost in low season is about 1,500 baht for older rooms and 2,500 for suites or newer rooms. Price includes breakfast. Tends to be quite full so suggest reservations.

Bangkok- Omni on soi 4 3200 baht for a large 2 room suite and they salute you at the door easy walking to NEP

Pattaya- Cabbages and Condoms resort across from the asia hotel large rooms privet beach no guest problem Great thai food clean only 1500 baht. The only problem is it’s on the hill away from town

Asia Hotel is quite ok too, just moove first to the 2nd floor (where they have some restaurants) and follow to the elevators. Very rare that they have security guards over there...

quote:

Originally posted by tc4rob:

Figured that I'd help to get at least one post up in some of the empty forums ...

My votes for best values in Bangkok go to:

Grand President

Majestic Suites

My votes for best values in Pattaya go to:

Eastiny (either Inn or Place)

Flipper

Pattaya Centre

Since pix aren't allowed, is there a place on the main Nanaplaza Website that you might allow hotel photos ?? - no girls, just roooms/prices.

quote:

Originally posted by wittleus:

BKK -- I agree on the JW Marriott, and like other posts, I am a frequent visitor, courteous staff, they give me corner room or suite for standard price.

The Marriott is a really good choice, though recently I think they became a bit pricy. Can you tell about the actual rate?

[ July 06, 2001: Message edited by: charon ]

Bangkok

Grand Inn Hotel 2/7-8 Sukhumvit Soi 3, 02-2533380 (800 baht) - close Nana (and east european girls outside in the street)

Pattaya

Sabai Lodge Soi 2, 038-361836 (1600 baht) some owner as Sabai Dee - close Big C

Both hotels no fee for bringing in BG.

elef

Archived