Is the freelance scene changing?

Hardy641

Over the last year I have gotten the feeling that the freelance scene is changing. Talking to friends/punters and girls I know for years shows me that the discrepancy between the money expected/wanted buy the girl and the amount the punter is willing to pay has reached a dangerous level, which if not declining or even growing further, might have an huge impact on the whole scene.

What let me really worry is that both sides have their valid points. The point where it will be unacceptable and/or unprofitable to make a deal for P4P is almost reached, if not already reached for many girls and punters.

The guy?s view (examples):

World economies are struggling, the THB raised against the green back, many jobs are in danger, salary raises are if at all small, salary cuts are more frequently while hotels and entertainment/drink costs in Thailand have risen sharply over the last couple of years. In short the normal punter does not have the money anymore to pay the rising prices the girls demand.

The girl?s view (examples):

The cost for clothes and beauty saloons have risen, rent and electricity became more expensive, cover charges at almost all better free lancer hangouts have been introduced (Hard Rock, Luzifer?) or have dramatically risen (CM2 from 200 to over 400, Q-Bar, Bed, MOS, Spasso over 500++), shorter working hours to strict 2am closing. The typical freelancer who starts her work at 7pm in the beer garden, then goes to Hard Rock and after to CM2 or Q-bar easily spends 1000THB (Taxi, food, drinks beauty saloon and cover charges!) an evening in hope to find a customer. Assuming she gets a customer every second time she goes out; she must at least ask for 2000THB in order to break even. If she wants to save some money 3000THB are understandable. These are of course prices the normal punter is not willing to pay or more and more often can?t afford to pay anymore.

The conclusion is that I see more and more angry customers complaining about greedy Thai girls and of course verse versa girls complaining about cheap customers. Both going home empty handed and/or unhappy. If this continues the scene will definitely change as many girls won?t make a living anymore and many guys will stay away as of the high prices they can?t afford anymore.

Indications of this already starting change are:

?Many good looking girls looking for their regular boyfriend they stay with as well as many big butterflies are suddenly happy to stay with her regular GF.

?I see more and more girls looking pretty untended and shabby as they don?t have money for new clothes or beauty saloons. Especially in Thermae and in front of nana Disco after 2am.

?The English teachers as well as more and more tourists are swamping the chat rooms (Bangkokchat) to get free bees.

?More and more freelancers discover the internet as source of income (e.g. these are plenty of hookers in bkkchat all telling that it is cheaper to find a guy via the net then going out) or web sites like face-pic.com.

?Many girls are now going to Khaosan road to avoid the high prices, which was a couple of years almost hooker free.

?More and more regulars giving BKK a miss heading straight to Pattaya or even giving Thailand a miss going to Cambodia or the Philippines.

?The scene is getting much harder than it used to be a couple of years ago

I am really anxious to know where the free lance scene is heading to??

:dunno:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen or heard little changes in Pattaya. But, upon reading from posters here as far as BKK is concerned, it would seem true, money-wise.

In Pattaya, i hear expats complain that the girls are more mercenary, but that comes usually from guys who assess their good time according to how little they paid.

I don't think it's particularly changing in terms of price.

ST prices are still 1000 baht at Thermae/Soi 7.

Street prices (in front of Robinsons etc) are 500-700 and possibly even less, late.

The hot girls at CM2 or Angeles expect from 1000-4000 depending on how hot they are and how young and handsome you are.

I don't see any big change.

What I think does change is the girls themselves. They tend to start at Thermae and then "graduate" to CM2 or Riva's once they get some decent clothes and money in their pocket.

Also, I think that the customer's attitudes change over time and that affects their perception of price/value.

Says pattaya127:

It's hard to get some warmth when you shop for sex as in a supermarket.

Oh so true. How many times do you read on this board about wanting a GF experience, her getting into and enjoying the "date", meeting the customers expectations and requests. The whole time the guy is trying to get that GF experience at the cheapest possible price, not wanting to lay out for BF, LDs too expensive, and not giving over 30 baht for a taxi in the AM.

Not saying anything is wrong with any of that, just hard to reconcile the desire or expectations of a pretend GTG type date with great exotic sex, and a low low everyday price.

No. Well depends where you pick-up the girl. You might have to pay more due to her costs and a pre-conceived idea of what you can pay.

I met a nice FL in August who I decided to test some ideas on. I picked her up at Jometien beach while she was on a moped. I got her to take me to Soi 2 and told her someone so cute should have some company. FL girl with a natural C cup and a solid 7in looks, small waist, long legs, about 5'6. A solid FL with all the abilities. In the room I got to talking with her, great english, I know some Thai we made out great. I told her I had a GF and could only spend from 2ish to 6ish with her and only in the room. I never discussed money with her and told her she had to be honest with me or I wouldn't see her. She would call me around 1 pm everyday to see If I was alone...we had a code thing worked out. On our first encounter I sliped a 1k note in her pocket. We spent 5 or so hours the first evening and got to know each other well. I lost count after 3 times. Everyday I gave her less without it being brought up or discussed. Some days I'd just talk with her and she'd just give a BJ and leave. Other times I'd throw her to the floor and hit it for hours. We always talked about her night out being a FL at the disco or mine with my GF or ST or LT I had just BF. It is turning into a very cool relationship. One day I bought a dispossable camera and shot about 30 photos of her, me, us, us engaged. Well, she is a FL and hits the discos at night. She likes girls and has a lesbian friend they service each other for 4000 bht ST for your viewing pleasure...I'm sure you could join in too...lol.. She usually makes 2000 to 3000 LT hits the scene 10 to 15 days a month. She was giving me the scoop on her life. Her likes, dislikes, girls, guys, her ideas of great sex, the pillow talking was pretty cool. I found out from this all. It's not all about money for some. If you treat them well and talk freely about your desire you might just find girls who enjoy your company and assist in your ideas. Some want your time and really enjoy just hanging out with a cool guy for hours in his room talking and fucking. This girl let me do my will on her...she never talked about money or brought it up. She answered all my questions about herself and got off on the pillow talk. If the freelance scene is changing I hope that it continues.

SB

Hi,

Was there last month. I really did not see a change. I was with a non-b/g most of the time, but did do a double header the night I flew in, before we met. And spent a lot of time in B/G 7, and other Beer/bars, while out on 'business'....although I did not pull from these places. I did though, get to spend a lot of time with girls there, and noticed no difference, other than their complaints that times were hard (APEC, etc.). But then, I always hear this from them.. ::

In my experience, the freelancer market is so varied, that it is really hard to find a common theme. Just every conceivable theme going on there. Nightly workers, uni-students, store clerks, once a week girls, once a month girls, curious GTG's....blah, blah, blah.

Which is why I have come to like this venue. Zero regulation, and zero trends.

I think in go-go's, and beer bar's, it's just like the beer prices. A bar (standard) is set, and most all venues end up following suit, all coming to a certain similar standard. Drinks are all within 15% of the other. Bar fines are all within 15% of the other. S/T - L/T prices are not that far from each other. Are you going to go into a NEP go-go, and get a girl for 800 baht L/T? Probably not. The bar has been raised to a certain standard, that will not allow a girl, in her mind anyway, to go for that amount. It's possible, but certainly not common.

From my experience (which has lately been stated as non-existent, ::)), freelancers are generaly not connected into the mainstream prostitution market. They are generaly part-timers, who are out of the loop, concerning yesterday's market value, for themselves. They will value themselves on their needs, and not what the current going price is, for services they render. I think this is the big difference between a b/g, and a freelancer. The freelancer has no benchmark to go by, thus equating their needs, to the price quoted to/from them.

Professional full-time prositutes (go-go, beer bar, mp, etc.), prices are determined by their environment, and what they see/hear every night. Not so with the average freelancer.

She is on her own, and must determine her own market value, from God knows where.

HT...But.....I only vacation there, so I don't know shit. ::

Archived