Thai movies

Hi,

My g/f (in BKK) just said she went to the movies last night with sister. Movie was about Thai prostitutes, and the stories surrounding several. One girl married older rich falang, who got drugged (?), and became incapacitated, so she had to take care of him, and return to prostitution, to do so. Another was a girl who was courted by a farang at her brothel, and she finally fell in love with him, even though her taking on up to 10 customers per day. They were to be married one day, and he died on the way to pick her up. She subsequently committed suicide, because she had fallen in love with him, and did not want to be a prostitute again. Movie was not factual, only a drama.

Night before she watched a TV movie about a girl, who became involved with a farang, but screwed around on him. He then asked her to marry her, but she said she could not. He finally got the reason why, out of her. She could not marry him because she had been with other men, while with him. He said he didn't care, and wanted her anyway.

Is this a common theme there, in Thai movies, to have prostitution, or indescression, as a theme? And the involvement of farangs in Thai relationships?

Just curious.

Also, is a movie coming out there called "Butterfly". G/F wanted to see it with me when I was there last month, but had release problems, and was only showning in Pattaya???? I saw billboard posters on this movie a couple of places while in BKK. She says is still not showing there, but is much anticipated. Appearantly, has famous Thai actors in it. :dunno:

HT

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says HIGH THAIED:

Also, is a movie coming out there called "Butterfly".

Could you name one or more of the actors in "Butterfly", please? I did a search on IMDB.com and there are many "Butterfly" listed, none with Thai actors that I could tell. However, there is one listed w/a 2004 release date, listed as "in production". There was one released last year that appeared to be an Indian production- probably not the one you are talking about???

Is that the film with the kids ? Where they show the adventures of some kids in thailand when they are growing up. Seems to be a big hit at the moment... wife wants to go, and I will have to go sooner or later. Saw preview... looked quite funny.

Says dsab:

Is that the film with the kids ? Where they show the adventures of some kids in thailand when they are growing up. Seems to be a big hit at the moment... wife wants to go, and I will have to go sooner or later. Saw preview... looked quite funny.

::not butterfly and flowers(piseua gub dokmai)? That movie was made ages ago, have they made a remake?

Archived