Ko Chang, Ko Samet

allatsea2000

Koh Chang: 3-4 hours from bangkok including 20 min ferry trip; new airport built on mainland trat.

great landscape, nice and clean beaches, hills and national park. was very quiet until around 2 years ago, but now fast development towards mass tourism adding a lot of new hotels, restaurants and even discos, girlie bars etc.

range of accommodation goes from cheap bungalows for under 400 baht to luxury accommodation for several thousand bahts. main beaches are klong prao and sai khao (white sand) on the west side of the island

Hi,

IMHO Ko Chang has it all over Ko Samet.I found Chang very scenic,cleaner looking water,beaches were cleaner,a better experience overall .Chang is a lot bigger than Samet and there was more to do and explore.More beaches on Chang and some ordinary pfp at whitesands beach.plenty of backpackers (not my scene).I was on Chang 4 yrs ago and Samet 10 years ago,so things could have changed.A lot depends on the weather when you are on the islands.I had great weather on both islands. I enjoyed Samet when I was there but was really impressed by Chang.My favourite island so far.

Try out both sky brow :)

Archived