Short Cambodia update

I made a short trip to Cambo, and here is a brief update of the scene.

Sophies/ Club Cyrcee/ Mikado:

- These are the local BJ-bars. If you think, SoL is a sleazy bar, then it is the time to visit Sophies! This bar is located in a dirty street, on a second floor accessable only through a dark back entry. When entering, be prepared to be grabbed by at least four girls and they immediately start massaging the scrotch, opening the shirt, opening your jeans and giving a BJ and you are very welcome to fondle, where ever you want. The girls will feed you with beer/ cigarettes and they ensure you will have both hands free for the fondle-business. A BJ right there in the bar is USD 5, in the room USD 10. Club Cyrcee is the oldest one and IMO the girls are most professional. Mikado is a new club, just across the street from Cyrcee and provides a more decent atmosphere (this doesn't mean less fun). For all the clubs: Tip the girls well as they are very poor: They don't have money for underware. What I have seen, all girls in the clubs are Khmer. Going rate in the clubs is USD 10 for a ST/ USD 25 for a take-out. At a glance, definitely worth a visit!

ps: There is one more Club: Apocalypse Now (sp.?), but I didn't find it.

Sharky/ Martini:

- Going strong every night. Going rates are still USD 15 - USD 20 for LT. IMO, this time Sharky had a better selection than on previous visits. I still recommend the Viet girls, as they have special skills when it comes to BJ and most of them do the Eden-thing too. Martinis had some problems with robberies during the last weeks and I was advised to use a taxi when going there. I took my first black Cambo girl from there, back-side no problem. Both places definitely worth a visit!

Heart of darkness:

- Full every night, decent selection of girls. Expect to see many girls from Sharky in there, when they don't have a customer yet. Very good disco, good music, and IMO one of the best places in town.

Walkabout:

- Good filled at night, IMO average selection of girls, mainly Khmer. IMO, a good place for a final late night beer.

Street #63:

- Always a good place for a quick ST. I recommend Tommys, open 24 hrs. Going rate is USD 5.

Barber shops around Central Market:

- Many barber shops around Central market provide massage with extras. Price is USD 2 - USD 3 for the massage and USD 5 - USD 10 for the extras. I tried it two times during the day-time, but I found the quality of service mediocre, at least.

K11:

- Never visited this trip, but what I have heard, it re-emerges and it is sometimes heavily visited at day-time again.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You missed out the bit about the ex-brothel girls being infected with AIDS to the tune of thirty-fifty percent and doing their second/third tours in the farang orinetated joints (to the extent of being run by mamasans, Martinis more than Sharkys six months ago). The going rate for long time was ten dollars in Sharky's six months ago, anything more is totally out of court given the ambient heat/humidity in PP and almost complete lack of anything to do other than neon scene. That said PP ain't a bad place to do a visa run, the moto guys generally nice but you will freak them if you try to get them to take you beyond the neon scene in search of a Cambo wife, for instance...

Your wish is my order. Yesterday I suffered from a somewhat severe hang-over, but here it goes:

Heart of darkness: #26, Street 51

K11: 11 km out of Phnom Penh

Le cyrcee: #13, Street 49 (Just off Street 130)

Martini: #402, Mao Tse Toung (Next to InterContinental)

Mikado: Just opposite Le Cyrcee

Sharky: #126, Street 130 (500 meters east of Central Market)

Sophie: St. 53, at the corner of St. 118

Tommys: St. 63, coming from Central Market a bit further than Navy Club, opposite site

Walkabout: Streets 174 & 51 (100m from the Heart of Darkness)

The numbers make some kinda of sense based on the reality of the K11 brothels from which most of the gals graduate to the farang bars, where they (in the brothels) have sex ten to twenty times a day with the locals, usually sans condoms. Now you can scream and shout that it isn't so but IT IS. Similar kinda scene in Chiang Mai 15 years ago which rapidly became the Thai AIDS capital of Thailand until there was a crack down and widespread use of condoms. I would guess that the AIDS rate in farang bars in Thailand is ten to twenty percent....

Archived