Manila / Angeles.....

vinod

Will be making a side trip from LOS, for a short 1 week trip to Manila next month. I would be spending 3 days in Manila & 3 days in AC.

Can any member suggest :: a decent guest friendly hotels in Manila & AC, close to the action. Also the bars / karaoke / gogo bars to visit.

thanks.... :bow:

cheers :beer:

vinod

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For Angeles, listed below are guest friendly hotels,and links to map and useful info on go gos and bars. I have no info on Manila, but register on chatboard, use search engine, theres info about Manila there. Many expats and others on it, similar as Nanaplaza and very busy.

HOTELS:

www.orchid-inn.com center of action in Angeles

www.phoenixhotel.com take jeepney 4 peso to action

www.clarkton.com take jeepney 4 peso to action

www.champagne-angeles.com center of action in Angeles

www.hotel-hana.com take trike 50 peso to action 2

minute ride.

www.angelescity.com go to links lots of information about Angeles.

www.theville.com transportation to Angeles from Manila if landing in Manila.

Chatboard: Lots of information and free site.

www3.angeles2.com/board/ubbthreads.php

MAP: of Angeles and central party go go areas :-)

www.acmap.com

The best hotel in Angeles is probably the Orchid Inn, its US$45 per night for a room in the Jasmine Wing with free broadband access. Its right in the middle of the action and even has a bar on site. All the other bars are a few minutes walk away.

If you want to stay at the Orchid book now its always full.

Other Hotels in the area

Kokomos web page

Central Park web page

Clarkton web page

Web site for other hotels web page

As for bars in Angeles. You have basically three types small and homely or big and flashy and down and dirty.

Big and Flashy

Neros

Blue Nile

Blue Nile Executive

Camelot

Cambodia

Small and Homely

Voodoo

Champagne

Confettis

Treasure Island

Mistys

Down and Dirty - these are mostly further up Fields avenue a trike ride away on perimeter road

Gentlemens Club

Honeykos

Anything on Santos street also known as Blow Row - Angeles equivalent of Star of Light but a whole street full.

Plus too many more to mention

As for which are good, well you never can tell peoples tastes vary and clubs will vary from night to night. The good news is they are all just about within 10 minutes walk of each other so you can hop from bar to bar till you find one you are comfortable with or that has the neccessary eye candy. My own opinion of Angeles is you make your own fun, if you go with a good attitude and have a laugh with the girls buy them a few drinks you will have a blast. Some of these clubs all it takes is a couple of guys having a good time in there to make the place rock.

Personal favourites are Champagne ( say hello to Tony the Ozzy manager) and Neros (say hello to Mammy Perla you can't miss her she's huge with white hair).

Barfines are pretty much a standard 1000 peso and that is supposed to include the girls tip. However most people will still tip the girl in the morning particularly if she goes above and beyond the call of duty, that can be anything from trike fare home to a thousand pesos.

Watch out for Cherry Girls (virgins) most bars have a few of them, its a good idea to ask up front if shes Cherry, or check with a Mamasan.

If you want a good steak in Angeles I can reccomend a place called the "hole in the wall" on Santos street ( in the middle of the action) one of the best steaks I have ever had. Is owned and run by one of the local biker groups..... I think American Steel the own it and run it for themselves.

For a good map of the area with all the bars and hotels

Waynes AC Maps

If you want anymore info ask away.

For Manila I always stay at the Heritage Hotel ( 4 star) its about 10 mins from the airport. Its opposite EDSA complex ( a group of about 6 bars) and its very guest friendly . Buts its away from central Manila and Makati bar area which is considerably more expensive than EDSA.

I think the other two fellows did a great job with their posts providing you info on AC.

I had always stayed at the Orchid Inn until they had a significant price increase last year. This year I was planning on staying at The Apartelles which is just above the Camelot Club. I would have been departing for AC this Sunday, but the break-in changed all that and I will be flying back to the US instead.

The Orchid Inn is very good in all areas, but a little pricey now I think. The Oasis is also good, but you have to take a trike or jeepney to most of the bars and that can be a pain in the ass.

I eat most of my meals at Margarita Station which is open 24 hours. They also have an internet cafe in the back. Virtually every kind of food you can think of and the waitresses are cute and fun. I also like Zapata's (Mexican food), Salvatore's (Italian), and the Italian restaurant above the Volcano Club. And, while hitting the bars it is nice to take a break and have a delicious schwarma not far from Nero's.

It is really hard to say which gogo bars to visit. They are as different as you would see here in Bangkok. Depends on your tastes - large, small, rock, disco.... You will not see much flesh or shows there, however. Still, the dancers can be great fun AND many bars open at noon. Also, be on the lookout for special nights at bars. One thing I liked was the Sons of Bacchus they used to do. This involved having dancers from about 10 clubs going to one bar and dancing. They have food, drinks and prizes all for a set price.

I really wish I was going Sunday.... :(

Best way to get to Angeles depends on what time you are arriving. Traffic in manila and on the freeway can be hell the ride can take anything from 1 1/2 hours upto 3-4 hours depending on traffic conditions. Although this is improving as they are improving the freeway. Still the ride through Manila can be gridlock especially late afternoon early evening. If you organise your car through the Orchid its 1600 pesos check their web site. If you take a taxi from the airport you should get for 1800pesos.

You can fly to Angeles using Seaair for 500 pesos each way ( check with Seaair about prices because I know thats a special) its a 25 minute flight on a 19 seat turbo prop. Its not a bad way to get there. You arrive at Clark and its a 10 minute taxi ride to the Orchid. Seaair leaves from the domestic terminal about 10 minutes away from the international terminal by taxi.

Contact kenseair@hotmail.com if you want to fly he will set everything up.

Of course with Seaair you still in theory have about a 1hr check in time so with getting to Angeles can take the same time as by car and its a small airline with small airline delays. I use them when I arrive into Manila around 4pm as they have a 5.30 flight to avoid traffic.

When are you going to be in AC I will be there 12/13/14 Dec.

If your contacting Orchid for a room send your email to Josie she handles resevations now.

Have no idea about Makati Citadel, good place to check out all Angeles/Manila related stuff is

www3.angeles2.com

As mentioned above its free to register and lots of postings by locals........but lots of flaming and off topic crap, if only its was moderated like this board would be an excellent resource.

Thanks for the info., :bow: I plan to leave around 10 am from Makati to AG.

I will be in Manila & AG from 7th Jan to 15th Jan. Will be heading from LOS. Arriving in LOS on 26th Dec. I got a confirmation for the hotel from Ms. Josie. Looking forward for my 1st trip to AG.

cheers :beer:

vinod

Archived