Manila / Angeles.....

vinod

Got into Manila a couple of weeks ago. Traffic was the worst I have ever encountered. Coincided with the arrival of the President of Kazkhstan. His motorcade zoomed out of the airport terminal whilst I was stuck in bumper to bumper jeepneys and vans for the next few aeons. Took seven and a half hours to get to La Union province some 270km from Manila!

If you tire of the fleshpots of Manila and Angeles you could do worse than take a trip up to La Union. Bauang has a lot of beachside resorts with several bars with P4P on offer. There were recent postings on Whorist about some of the local bars, including the shacks down at Poro point near Wallace AFB.

If you're used to Thai resorts and upmarket hotels then be prepared to experience scumville. The beaches here are generally fairly tatty. The resorts are well past their sell by date with crummy pools etc. The food is not a patch on Thai food. There are some surf resorts north of San Fernando by San Juan. If you are into surfing and have ever seen a real wave then you would laugh. I'm not a surfer but have seen enough National Geographic documentaries to know what real tubes look like. The women, imho, are not as pretty as in Thailand. In fact, I'm beginning to wonder why I'm still here. Probably cos my gf has my nuts in a vice right now.

A short trip up from Bauang up in the hills is Baguio. It's a bit of a twisty drive with crazed drivers hurtling their Isuzu trucks and Hino multi wheelers round the bends. Saw one on its side yesterday on a trip up the hill. Baguio is based around Burnham Park. Stayed in a roach motel for 1100 pesos for a deluxe room. Think threadbare carpet, cracked tiles in the bathroom, mildew, dodgy wiring etc. Recent exchange rates are about 55 pesos to the dollar and about 90 to the pound.

Baguio does have some action. "Parking Lot" on Abanao Street is next door to My Diner, virtually opposite the Shell Garage, on the opposite side to Gracious Hotel Angeli and Hotel Veniz.

If. like me, you stay up on Session Road then walk downhill. Take the concrete overpass at the bottom, saying hello to the junkies and drunks as you do, to the bottom of Abanao then head up the hill a couple of hundred metres. There's a rather camp, nattily dressed doorman.

San Miguel is 35 pesos. My companion wasn't drinking so I ordered one bottle of booze. They brought two. Plus hit me up for a service charge of 50 pesos. All in 120 pesos (two dollars) to sit at a table with an ice bucket. In the shadows girlish giggling could be heard. Soon the floor show started. A rather lardy Filipina in black FMBs (fuck me boots) took to the stage. There was a single chrome pole. She sort of looked at it, grunted and then threw herself into the splits, her butt cheeks undulating as she hit the deck. After a songsworth of her arsing around there was a brief intermission. Another chick with a pre-Raphaelite hairstyle and wearing an all red ensemble took to the floor. She sort of stood there and looked good, from time to time she would move a foot and smile. She was rather good looking. After another brief intermission a third lady got up. She was a better dancer and quite a looker. All of them wore aforesaid FMBs. She had a nice leather look bikini affair on.

I was the only Westerner in there and after the local Filipinos had had their share of staring they got back to boozing and throwing up in the bogs. Finally it came for time to leave. Just as I was going things began to hot up. The third lady took to the stage bottomless showing a neatly trimmed muff. Another chick literally tripped and threw herself into my arms as she was coming down the stairs and I going up. Didn't have the chance to sample the wares as I was otherwise engaged.

Finally, other entertainments in Baguio can be both cheap and fun. The Gobi Mongolian restaurant has rather nice, largish steaks for 145 pesos and up. At the junction of Calderon Street and Session Road is Lourdes Place, an upstairs country and western bar with genuine Filipino cowpokes and cowgals getting down to Boxcar Willie. And for those seeking western amentiies there is the nearby Camp John Hay Commisary with hard to find Hershey candy, Cadburys dairy milk, booze etc. Plus Baguio has just opened up a large S M shopping mall at the top of Session Road. Indoor food courts, Pizza Hut and Starbucks. Mosey on over.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Vinod,

Looks like you and I will be in the same hotel at the same time in AC. (if you get your booking approved) I am booked into the Orchid in AC from 6 Jan until the 16 Jan.

Maybe you wanna link up and have a beer? Will u be at the AGM.??

As previously posted there is mountains of good info on the www3.angeles2.com board including details on cherry girls and great bar reports.

Cheers

:) :)

Uniformguy

Hi

Sure, we can meet over drinks. :drunk: I got my confirmation, of the hotel. Will be checking on 10th Jan and will be staying till 13th Jan. Looking forward to meeting you.

No, I'll not be coming to AGM as I cannot leave India till 25th Dec.

cheers :beer:

vinod

I think 3 nights is a tease, my friend. ::

Anyway, I always take the Margarita Station van/car to AC from the Manila Airport. Sukhumvit is right about the traffic situation in Manila. It is murder getting out of the city.

You can book the transportation, and read other interesting information at www.theville.com.

I wish I could be with you, but I will be freezing my ass off in NJ. ::

Sarsin,

Thanks for the link. I'll hire the car and have them picked me up from my hotel in Manila. Hope this winter is not the same like the last year. I'll be away this winter with LOS/AG's women :) to keep me warm. Maybe I need to have the aircon on. to keep me cool. :neener:

cheers :beer:

vinod

Are you really in New Jersey now? That's where I will be in about 2 days for the winter. ::

When you book, they will ask you what cold drinks you want. They have a cooler in the vehicle and stock it with complimentary drinks.

Also, when you get your bags after Immigration you will have to cross a street to the arrival area. You either go left or right depending on your last name. You will find the driver from Margarita Station holding a sign with your name on it. He is usually wearing a black MS t-shirt. Also, if you get the van, they have a nice selection of movies and, um, other things such as wet t-shirt contests you can watch on your way to AC.

Enjoy yourself, my friend. :)

I'm sorry too that your recent traumatic event seems to have driven you back home to the 'Jersey Shore' instead of AC!!!

Have a good trip home my friend and a great Christmas and see you sometime when u get back.

Uniformguy

Hi,

I am currently in India. If you have read my earlier posting here, the company I was working was shut in Edison, as the VC pulled out, :banghead: but I got a golden handshake. I am now in India as my father passed away. 3 weeks ago, cutting my LOS trip and rushing back home. Due to certain problems back here, I had to call-off the AGM trip also. The earliest I can move out of my home town in India is on 25th Dec.

I'll be arriving in Manila on 7th Jan and then will be heading to AG on 10th. :: Looking forward to meeting you. :bow:

Cheers :beer:

vinod

Where do you guys stay in angles city. I'm a dickohead about my room. I like the nicer places etc. I'm looking at the Oasis as a better hotel...Any info will help

Ready for go over soon. Seems all the BKk MNL tix are about the same price 370USD. Any info

Archived