need travel advice in europe

i will be going with the missus for a few weeks to europe over cristmas and new year, and i thought to spend a few days with her in some other place than just germany. only problem is that i don't know fuck all about europe ::. usually we spend some time in italy but my mate there is not there that time.

so, i'm looking for some other place. can't go to the UK as it's not a schengen country.

i dunno what i am really looking for (no beach holiday and no need to escape the winter, we go now as we acually haven't seen a winter for many years :p) maybe some nice city/town at the sea where we can have some nice winterwalks. i have never been in northern europe/skandinavia, would like to have a look though.

does anybody have some idea what could be intersting for us?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem with Scandinavia and especially with Sweden & Norway is that it's bloody expensive.

What about Copenhagen? It's rather nice and a bit more 'liberal' and diverse than the rest of Scandinavia. I believe costs are a bit less as well...

...and it's close to Germany!

How about the mountains? Switzerland is great during the winter (Zurich, Geneva). Or skiing for a couple of days, should be a great fun too.

Amsterdam is fun too (Coffe-shops if you are into it :drunk:), but imo too grey during this time of year. Paris is another option.

Guest lazyphil

I know you said somewhere other than Italy because your friend not around--but I must mention this place we stayed at in Lagundo in North Italy near Austrian border in the summer--it is a beautiful town that with some great walks--went up a cable car and walked pretty high up with amazing views--right opposite the guesthouse is a great pizza place :up:

If cold is not a problem , then Innsbruck or Switzerland (make sure her passport is OK there)

The mediteranian coast would be nice but could be cold

The Atlantic coast is cool weather anyway, and brutal cold if a storm is brewing......

price wise Prague is cheapest (again maybe passport problem for her)

Amsterdam is easy as English is spoken most places

Ohhh too many choices !

Hello Flyonzewall,

here an idea: www.leukerbad.ch

There you can ski during the day and bath in the warm water of a hot spring in the evening. I think that it would be a wonderful experience for a thai girl to swim in a pool surounded by snowy mountains...

Just an idea.

Best regards

Archived