need travel advice in europe

Guys,

I see advise given to countries where Flys' partner will not be able to travel to.

She will obtain a Schengen visa only.

As a reminder, here is the updated list :

Schengen is the name applied to a series of agreements that eliminate border controls between most but not all European countries.

The government of the following countries signed the Schengen agreements :

Austria

Belgium

France

Germany

Greece

Italy

Luxembourg

Netherlands

Portugal

Spain

On March 25, 2001 the following countries became members of the Schengen region:

Denmark

Finland

Iceland

Norway

Sweden

Ireland and the United Kingdom, although members of the European Union, are not part of the Schengen area.

Cheers !

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks a lot - keep the ideas coming please. :)

switzerland is off limits though - not a schengen country. amsterdam, hmmm...lovely place, only the last time i was there i had to fight off some twats who tried to attack me with knifes. ::

skying is a bit of a problem, i was very good when i was young but haven't done it for 17 years. i guess i would break my bones very fast if i would start again, and it would be a bit boring for the missus. ::

i would like some city trip, a city at the ocean. the cold isn't really much of a problem, we not gonna have to spend an entire winter there ::

i thought about northern europe 'coz i have never been there, apart from amsterdam. small hotel is OK, no need for luxury, so i guess even an expensive city can be cheap. we not looking for great nightlife (that one we get here in bangkok more than enough :p), just a nice town.

If I am not completely mistaken, then Switzerland tolerates the Schengen Visa for a stay in Switzerland.

Have to check with my Thai Colle., because he just went to Germany and Switzerland, and he said that he didn`t need a swiss Visa.

I think the reason behind that, is that otherwise nobody could transit through Switzerland (for example from Germany to Italy) on a Schengen Visa. As we all know, Sitzerland is surrounded by Schengen Countries.

I would recommend Switzerland as well. She will be impressed. Another amazing place is Oslo, and Norway in general.

Hi Fly,

Oslo is expensive indeed, like in ouch, that expensive. It hosts however the Edvard Much musuem which is very interesting.

Copenhagen gives you a good look into Scandi countries, with a possible side day trip to Sweden being no problem.

In Copenhagen Christiania may attract your interest but also the general architecture is very nice in C'hagen.

Furthermore I can highly recommend Amsterdam and/or Utrecht. You won't get knifed twice in a row, but on a cultural level there's loads of things to do in A*dam. Maastricht in the south is nice as well, as is Antwerps and Brussels in Belgium.

The Ardennes can make for some very nice intimate days with great food and lovely views, south of Luttich/Luik/Liege are many small lovely villages.

If you're interested in any of these places, feel free to PM me for durther info.

All these places might be fairly easily reached from the majority of German cities.

Guest lazyphil

Why not somewhere totally different--Peru!?--I'm sure a Thai doesn't need a visa here?--spend time at Lima then Paracas by the coast/Atacama desert (driest on earth) then up to Lake Titicaca in the Andes (highest in Southern Hemisphere) then down into Amazonia at Puerto Maldonado and canoe to Tambopata Nature Reserve--three very diverse extremes in Peru with tons of culture and I reckon Lima is pretty exciting--more than bkk in many ways

Hi!

You must have been away from Sweden a long time. Copenhagen is at least as expensive as Sweden, except for booze which I believe he doesn't drink very much of in the first place. Oslo ofcourse is much more expensive.

Anyway I doubt if a Thai lady would appreciate the Scandinavian climate very much at that time of year. The weather in Stockholm could be anything from dripping wet and just above zero to knee deep with snow an -20C.

regards

ALHOLK

:: :: I'm quite surprised nobody mentionned Paris, the most beautiful (and the more visited) city in the world ; Current Xmas illuminations make the city really romantic and attractive, surely one of the most memorable travel for a Thai Citizen ::

I could check hotel's prices in my neighborhood (Champs Elysees) if you need ;

Cheers

Archived