need travel advice in europe

belgium sounds nice, a friend recommended brugge. i think brugge is not at the sea, is there some similarly nice town at the sea? is antwerp nice?

what we want is a nice, not too huge town, relaxing with atmosphere.

no interest in nightlife or booze. :angel:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>Anyway I doubt if a Thai lady would appreciate the Scandinavian climate very much at that time of year<<<

it's not long, only a few weeks in europe's winter. it's nice if you haven's seen snow for a few years. ;)

Hi Fly,

Brugge is very nice, like walking around in the middle ages.

Not at the sea but close.

Antwerpen is very good as well, very nice downtown with lots of interesting buildings and good food (well, almost anywhere in Belgium) and a great harbour.

There's a great deal of good cities in Belgium, give it a go.

I'm sure BB can help you also out very well.

Hi!

Even I can appreciate snow from time to time, especially on postcard. :)

The winter climate in Stockholm changes from cold and damp to freezing cold many times during a normal winter. The snow is only white the first 24 hours. This is bad enough if you live here and can dig out clothes for polar temperatures.

According to many people Stockholm is one of the most beautiful cities in the world during summer time. If you ever consider taking your lady here I would suggest you do it in the summer.

regards

ALHOLK

Fly,

Yep, lemme help you further.....

First of all Prosal is more than right, Paris is the top of the world, best city in the world, even my GF says so :)

Take a train, arrive at the gare du Nord, take a taxi to a small booked hotel, get a map of the city and walk around, that is what we did.

One little point though.... it IS very expensive..... but she will love it.

Then Belgium.

Yes, go to Bruges, called the Venice of the north, only 5-6 km from the sea, combine that with Ghent, Antwerp and Brussels, and you will have a fabulous time here with an overflow of fantastic foods :)

As for the snow, no garantee to see any, I laughed at my GF as she was hoping to see any in october, and hold and byhold, it DID snow, but only for 1 hour :)

When are you here ? when I am there ? :dunno:

Cheers !

fly,

unless you go to Northern Europe you could as well have your nice winter walk in Hua Hin at the beach.

This is now purest masochisnm because I might be there as well but a reasonable place in December / January is Lisbon. Also not so expensive. Travel cost can be limited by using Germanwings which is a no frills airline or any charter. City breaks always cost a lot of money in relation to a few days stay.

BelgianBoy claims Paris is the best town on earth , this is of course total nonsense because that is Bangkok.

Bbill

>>>unless you go to Northern Europe...<<<

that's where we go. :eek:

i have been in lisbon a few times - nice place, but i preferred porto.

>>>BelgianBoy claims Paris is the best town on earth , this is of course total nonsense because that is Bangkok<<<

of course! :p

well, i have to confess though that i definately preferred the bangkok of a few years ago, at the moment though...

Archived