Periodic Update - Lower Sukhumvit

StoneSoup

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PSILVERS here...

I heard the Original" International Beer Garden lost its lease. It is still open, but at some point, it will close (unless things change, of course).

It is a shame. I have stopped many times there for something to eat before/after visiting Cowboy. I don't think I would venture down to Soi 11.

PSILVERS

Well, a few updates to my update.

Corleone's will have their official grand opening Friday night 12 December (they've been open "soft" for 10 days). We just put their website together for them - including a pop-up/print-out voucher for a free beer - www.corleones-bangkok.com. I'll be there (I live on the same Soi).

(Note for KS - I debated leaving the website out, but decided that with a free drink voucher in the deal, it was noteworthy news - for Grand Opening night).

GB64 has made rapid progress with the bar going in on the same stairway landing as Megabreaks Pool lounge - the new bar will be called Paradise Alley (or Road? - something like that), with several interesting features - like a padded and waterproofed "arena" - featuring a mechanical bull (which can be removed to allow shower shows, jello wrestling, etc).

The bar is also designed with wide bartops, and overhead rails, so that girls can dance on the bartops. He's aslo putting in some sort of shuffleboard game. Both DJ booth and band stand are elevated at one end. He's trying to be ready for a soft opening this coming weekend.

Once the main bar is running smoothly, GB plans to turn atention to the rooftop - where he will put in a rooftop beer garden / chill-out terrace - with bar-b-q facilities, various TV's for watching sports, etc.

The new creation at the J.W. Marriott is coming along - the BB Baking Co. or something similar. I assume that it will be a nightspot/lounge - unless they are planning on selling baked goods!

Cheers!

StoneSoup

StoneSoup said:

The new creation at the J.W. Marriott is coming along - the BB Baking Co. or something similar. I assume that it will be a nightspot/lounge - unless they are planning on selling baked goods!

Hi ss,

Thanks for the update. I too noticed this name now posted outside the Mariott. There is a sign saying they are opening in late December. Maybe it is a bakery. It's a strange name for a nightspot, don't you think? But then, this is Bangkok.......

:beer:

Khwai

Shit SS! The whole office was under attack for a while there. How about a skip intro option. PULEAZE!

Web site looks good, photos in the gallery are very dark. Keep us posted of any updates. Will check it out next time we're in town. :applause::up:

Hi,

"How about a skip intro option."

How about no intro?

I have never understood why people add these intros. Everybody hates them, nobody bothers watching them more than once, they are totally useless for search engine optimization, they usually cost quite a bit to make (money & time wise), they make people wait longer to get to the parts they want (the information!).

I hardly ever even bother going past one. As soon as I hit an intro like this, I am back in Google checking the next entry.

Sanuk!

Archived