A Fist Full of Yen

TheLastEuropean

It was a rare night when I was able to leave the office before the 9pm and I had a hankering for chips (Freedom Fries to ye Yanks). So off to the Hobgoblin in Roppongi I go.

After a plate of chips and a couple of Blackthorn's it was off to a bar called Propaganda. Ran into a couple of collegues from the office and ordered a gin tonic. The price of the drink was about 360 Baht and as the bartender poured the gin I told him to add more as the price was high enough and that I was just a poor corrupt punter ::.

After the 3 drinks, I was feeling like having a bit of fun so off to the Hostess Bar with the quaint name of "New Climax". After paying the entrance fee and requesting my current flavour of the month I sat down and hit the gin. Now let me detour a bit. I had been to this club a couple of times before and being a creature of habit I see the same girl. She's cool and we have nice conversations and up to this point I had never ventured to the Private Dance zone with her.

Now as I was a bit liquored up (I knocked over 3 or 4 drinks), I figured what the heck, let's dance. The dance nice, not as nice as the one I had in Kabukicho where I was frenched kissed and give a robust hand job by this babe with a body ready for action.... sweet memories...

After a couple of dances back to the gin. This club operates on time based charges. Basically, you pay a fee for a certain amount of time, your drinks are free and you pay for the lady drinks. Soon my time was up, I paid the bill and stumbled out into the glare of Roppongi Night life.

One of the touts convinced me to visit his bar. Usually I just pass by those guys with a "I'm too tired and going home" line, but it must have been the gin so I went in. The place was called Matrix and just down the hill from Freshness Burger, I think.

I went in and ordered a gin and began to chat up a bird. I think she looks nice, but I have not made a date to meet her while sober... So I think she's a looker, but the view through the bottom of a gin glass could be cloudy. But I am pretty sure she's a looker. Well I hope she's a looker ::.

During this time I had to use the gents so off I go. Just a word of advice, never attempt to piss and talk on the phone while drunk. I do not know how, but the phone took a life of its own and tried to commit suicide and jumped into the toilet, :censored:! The phone was about 3 weeks old. As I recall, I reached in and grabbed the phone and pulled it out. It never worked again.

After leaving the gents the bird and I exchanged phone numbers with promises to get together in the near future. By now, it must have been about 3am so I decided to walk from Roppongi to Akasaka-Mitsuke to grab a cab.

After a couple of minutes I had that sickening feeling... the "I think I'm going to be sick in a few minutes" sickening feeling. But I am a trooper and in my condition it was all clear what to do. Look for a drain/gutter. You know the type next to the curb. In a flash I found one, of course it was next to an intersection for all the world to see, but time was of a premium and there was no time to be shy. So I leaned over the rail... thinking legs apart (do not want to paint my shoes) take off the glasses and count 'em down... 3....2....1 let her rip :drunk:. After puking my guts out, I continued my stroll to the taxi.

The funny thing is I arrived home with a bottle of water in my hands. I have absolutely no idea where it came from, not a clue. Needless to say I will not mix Blackthorn and Gin again. Besides the damage to my ego, the monetary damages for the night came to (Cheap Charlies crack open your heart medicine :cover:) about 12,500 Baht. Hmmmm.... how many Soapies, Long Times, Short Times or BJ's does that equate to in LOS.

First post...

Yokoso!

Avoid all those titty shows in Tokyo, major ripoff. US$60 for a private dance that lasts as long as the song. If your boss insists you indulge, watch the reaction from the DJ when you request Stairway to Heaven, Telegraph Road, etc.

Kabukicho offers some 'top class' cabarets, especially if you're an exhibitionist.

Enjoy!

I checked out a few nightspots in Tokyo in the mid 80's when the exchange rate was 264 yen to the dollar, I can see Japan is still overpriced. Now my only Japan experience is going through Narita on my way to Southeast Asia ::

I sometimes think about Shanghai,Tokyo,Manila etc... from the 1940s to 1970s and just how the nightlife was back then. That was probably something to experience.

Japan could give anyone a heart attack with its prices :o

Hmmm ? Can?t say I have had the experience TheLastEuropean had in my 2 plus years residing in Tokyo but it does seem to be a common theme for visitors or those who occasionally indulge in that scene. I think the guys who live here or can speak Nihongo are at a TREMENDOUS advantage when it comes to the play scene (normal or pay ? the latter which is quite good and even economical if you know the ropes). But it?s not like Bangkok where even the first-time visitor can have fun-on-the-fly in the nightlife pay scene and not spend the boatload of dough necessary in a Japan, for instance. Personally though, I would not trade the fun I have in Tokyo for anything, Bangkok included.

I sometimes think about Shanghai,Tokyo,Manila etc... from the 1940s to 1970s and just how the nightlife was back then. That was probably something to experience.
Whitney, funny you mention this, last year my cousin who is approaching seventy now, was showing me his photos of Japan when he lived in Asia during the 1950s. Oh my goodness, cuties galore. Took me down a couple of notches to say the least? and I am on a thunderous roll out here.

Archived