Fly BKK to Pattaya?

You would have to hire a helicopter! Or maybe hijack a little Airbus!

I've never heard of an air connection - helicopter or otherwise - at Don Muang, but some upmarket hotels in Bangkok offer helicopter transfer to the airport, and maybe you can arrange a flight to Pattaya with them (check at the Hyatt Erawan or Shangri-La).

But is it really worth it even if you hate buses??? Why not take a taxi???

[ August 20, 2001: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

quote:

Originally posted by Lamock Chokaprret:

Is there air service from Don Muang to Pattaya? I hate buses. If you know of a service, an approximate rate would be nice.

I flew from Pattaya (U-tapao airport) to Don Muang once on Orient Air. What a farce that was. It takes an hour to drive out to U-tapao from Pattaya and then the plane was two hours late. I could have made the journey in half the time by road.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Palatkik:

"I flew from Pattaya (U-tapao airport) to Don Muang once on Orient Air. What a farce that was ..."

They're gone now anyhow. I remember seeing an Orient Air farang pilot drinking heavily in a bar in Chiang Mai the night before his flight ... Cheers, mate!

The only domestic air connection I can find in my Thailand Airline Timetable to/from U-Tapao (Pattaya) is Bangkok Airways' Ko Samui flight.

Hi!

The trip from Don Muang to Pattaya rarely takes more than 2 hours. Even if there were flights to Utapao I doubt if you could make it in less than that. Also busses and especialy taxis would probably be more comfortable than the small aircrafts used on shorthaul routes.

regards

ALHOLK

[ August 20, 2001: Message edited by: ALHOLK ]

I alsways take the expressways from Don Muang to Pattaya these days. It can be done in 1h 45min without too much trouble. I find the BangNa Trat overhead better than the motorway off of Rama9. Both routes run parallel until Cholburi where they merge. After that I now head right down to the spagetti junction of roads at the Rayong turnoff. Here you turn right for Pattaya or left for Rayong but there is also an unopened six lane route heading straight on - anyone know where that is going to come out?

Cheers

• 11 years later...

yup ypou guessed it (some 11 years later!!) -> the route os for PTY !!

I alsways take the expressways from Don Muang to Pattaya these days. It can be done in 1h 45min without too much trouble. I find the BangNa Trat overhead better than the motorway off of Rama9. Both routes run parallel until Cholburi where they merge. After that I now head right down to the spagetti junction of roads at the Rayong turnoff. Here you turn right for Pattaya or left for Rayong but there is also an unopened six lane route heading straight on - anyone know where that is going to come out?<P>Cheers

I alsways take the expressways from Don Muang to Pattaya these days. It can be done in 1h 45min without too much trouble. I find the BangNa Trat overhead better than the motorway off of Rama9. Both routes run parallel until Cholburi where they merge. After that I now head right down to the spagetti junction of roads at the Rayong turnoff. Here you turn right for Pattaya or left for Rayong but there is also an unopened six lane route heading straight on - anyone know where that is going to come out?<P>Cheers

10 years to the very day from the previous post - was that deliberate or what ?? Sheeit.

Archived