London Contingent - Running Report 2004

carew66

Obviously they have'nt had time to post.More important things to do :drunk::devil:!

I got a phone call from Spirit of Townhall at noon UK time and they are alive and well on Koi Wherethefuckarewe.

39 hrs until take off.Village Idiot and myself preparing for mobilisation :D ::

Valkerie,Leotex and co in transit ::

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello boyz.

We is survived okay? You unnerstan' ?

Koh Smaui - verr nice yes. Ver much techno BANG BANG BANG and me verr happy yes?

Now in Bangkok. Where techno? Ah - Minstreee of Sound yes? Is good? Is like BANG BANG BANG hardcore - not like bad bad euro-mix pop shite yes?

Lub you, not like lubber but like brudder. You unnerstan' yes?

[Clears throat]

Normal service shall be resumed shortly. Look, I was at the AGM last night and I have got a stinker of a hangover. Storing up all acounts for re-living when back in UK.

For those in my hotel at the moment, yes - that was me making the disturbance last night - after Dance Contest I went to Thermae and ....long story. not now! Threw them out of room for taking the piss. (that bullshit bollocks fuckwittery about taxi money on top gets grinding after a while).

Good 'ere innit?

It?s all happening now. N400 is in town ? saw him at the HQ (Cathouse) yesterday. It doesn?t seem like a year since last we had the gang together.

I currently have a friend with me, she has followed me from Koh Samui and is having a short ?holiday? with me. This is great fun as yesterday was a series of firsts for her.

It was the first time that she has been on an aircraft and she is suitably impressed and excited by this. She can?t wait to tell her friends about it.

It is also the first time that she has been to Bangkok. Now, in this respect I?m going to need some help as my knowledge of this fine city is somewhat confined to the nightlife areas. I have enlisted the assistance of that fine woman ?The Tapeworm? (see last May?s trip report) and we all went out to Gullibles last night for a few drinks and some food. Being such a big day both myself and ?Y? were tired enough to retire to the Dynasty before midnight. We have now had a really good night?s sleep and believe me when I say that I certainly needed that.

(BTW ? ?Y? wanted to see the ladyboys at Casanovas so we popped in there last night for a couple. She was impressed by the LBs and loved the music that they had on whilst we were there ? Thai. Good.)

The Cathouse: The outward sloping windows remind me strongly of an airport control tower! Imagine ? ?Rusty, you are clear to taxi past Pharoahs and position yourself on Entrance Road 27 Lima for take-off?

?Village Idiot ? you are cleared for final approach?

Village Idiot by the way ? he is in town but remains as elusive as ever. One day, they will have those Global Positioning phones everywhere which is going to be fun isn?t it? Sileakhunt suggested that a business opportunity in Thailand would be a concern that offered a phone walking service for falang who, shall we say, are prone to a little prevarication and obfuscation in their communications with their tilacs.

The rest of the recon platoon are flying in today from Samui. That?s Sileakhunt, Spirit of Town Hall and Kipster100.

When Sil was here last week he had a weird and bizarre night with a girl who took him to a swimming pool in the middle of the night to do some fishing! Yeah, I know. It sounds weird and I have asked him a few times about this, but essentially that is what happened. I want a pint of what he?s having.

Oh and before I go, a little cautionary tale regarding booking bungalows on Koh Samui?

The guys were staying at Lamai 99 ? right in the center of things (as far as there is a center of ?things? there) and I endevoured to make a booking via the net for myself a few months ago.

The company that handles these things emailed me to say that there were no vacancies for me on those dates at that particular resort but they offered me an alternative; Coconut Villas. This was ?the same or similar? apparently.

Err?. No not quite! Myself and Kipster reached this place by nightfall and it is was miles away from Lamai. Literally. Nobody?s fault but mine own. I should have checked.

It was a fun first night though. I?ve never stayed in a prison camp before. Only joking ? it?s a beautiful place, but not really geared for the activities of lads on the piss and pull.

The next morning was hilarious for me though. This place has normal decent people staying in it. I swear that there were at least two honeymoon couples. Also a number of elderly farang couples. And me, Kipster and some ?friends? from the night before.

Forget the walk of shame guys. That morning I did the walk of shame followed by the breakfast of discomfiture. We were definitely the morning cabaret. Imagine all these couple sitting chewing the cud whilst gzing at us in a bovine fashion. Priceless.

We had to escape. The guards discovered Tom ? but we still had Dick and Harry. Kipster brought out a wooden horse concealing me and ?Y? who busied ourself tunneling a short distance from the wire.

In the afternoon, I organized a camp carol concert (no ? not that sort of ?camp?) the noie of which concealed the sounds of Kipster hacking through concrete.

Having failed to make the fence on a motorbike I was placed in the cooler?

I could go on ? but in the end of coure, we did escape. For us, the place was over. We joined the lads in Lamai?.

Look, I?ve gotta dash okay. Take care. See ya?s all tomorra.

carew66 said:

.... the breakfast of discomfiture.

Sounds like an interesting meal...thanks for giving me a good laugh !

Keep up the reports carew, I need cheering up, its fecking miserable over here in Blighty - freezing cold, busy, and still over 100 days 'till my next visit.

:devil::beer::devil:

Too old for both? Really? I'll tell you what - you show me where that is written down as the law and I'll believe you okay? I'm still learning to live, not preparing to die...

Meanwhile - last night saw myself and Chilly Willy take the High Road to what, I reckon, is the best club I have been in for a long while - Narcissus.

For those of you who are into living [coughs] I definitely recommend this place.

Entrance is 300 baht with the usual collection of tokens (2 drinks and a shooter, unused by us) . Multi levels. Good techno / house, attentive staff, quite a 'posh' clientele of mostly Thais; Willy and me were the only ones who didn't arrive by limo (not really, but you get my drift) . Water is 130 baht for a big bottle and the staff keep the ice topped up for you. Dunno about drinks.

Slight whinge: The round lights set into the floor aren't quite flush enough, I think they could be improved slighty or removed altogether. Studio 54 innit? Naff Index 120. Ditch the floorlights!

Willy - we left you without saying bye bye Bro'. You were too into it and didn't want to break the mood. See yas in the HQ

HQ is Cathouse. I believe that there will be whole load of us there from about 6pm onwards tonight including LaoHuli and the extended nanaplaza.com family.

Village Idiot continues to amuse. Search parties were sent for him last night by a certain Thai lady. They found him but were paid off by the VI to keep schtum. And they did...

STH has bought a toy car. No, I don't know why either. Funny old place that NEP. Amazing what you can pick up. Which reminds me; Bumrungrad right....nah only kidding.

Okay, I go now. I need afternoon nap and a Sanatogen shooter.

All welcome to my 40th Party here in June. (Oooh me lumbago!!) :: ::

Archived