A bargirl's standing in the village

MaiLuk

"I beg to differ CBK. If there is no stigma as a "whorehouse" then there will be NO such word for ones to think about or relate the Thai women to. Columbia, for example is a poor country and has prostitutes but ones think of Columbia as "drug" not prostitutes."

Maybe true when you are in the US or as I in Norway. But when in poor countries I do not agree.

I have been to countries where the abuse given to women walking the streets with a foreigner is far worse than in Thailand, and without Thailands reputation. And I do not talk about women in the trade or dressing up like it.

:hug: Cheers Jasmine!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"semen recepticles".

---------------------------

Wow, Jas, that rhymes with testicles, you big poetic amazon! ::

to see Thailand be less famous for sex.

----------------------------

Wishful thinking! I mean: that it's famous for sex.....

It's famous for prostitution, Brazil, Italy, France! are famous for sex :up::grinyes:..... :cover:!

Thai women, especially ones with foreigners, why are we thought to be prostitutes? IMO, becuase of the stigma of Thailand to be perceived as "semen recepticles".

In farangland I would say its not just thailand but asian woman no matter what country they're from are looked at as either prostitutes or mail order brides (IME in america). One of those things that burns me up about my countrymen.

Speaking for the east coast, not too many americans are aware of the sex scene in thailand. Just a general feeling by most about asian woman.

MaiLuk said:

In farangland I would say its not just thailand but asian woman no matter what country they're from are looked at as either prostitutes or mail order brides (IME in america).

I think that's complete rubbish, sorry. In which Western country are women from say, Iran, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore, Korea, Japan etc. automatically regarded as prostitutes or mail order brides? We're talking about a giant continent here, with cultural difference as vast as between say, the US and Japan. And the majority of Yanks can't be so dumb as to think all Asians are the same - or are they? ::

I'm quite sure women from the above mentionend places are not automatically regarded as whores in European countries. Haven't seen many prostitutes from Iran or Pakistan in Europe ...

pattaya127 said:

And the majority of Yanks can't be so dumb as to think all Asians are the same - or are they?

------------------------

You'd be surprised!!!!

If it's the case, I'm glad to have been brought up in Europe. I loved it when Ronald Reagan said after a trip to South America (I paraphrase), "It was great down there, but pity I didn't know any Latin!"

Asians mail order bride is a very valid image, and who in your own country can tell apart who comes from where??? Thais talk Thai to my Viet gal...

I am with MaiLuk. And if you talk about Thailands image, do not forget that many other countries have an added problem -culture so far away from ours. How easy is it for a girl from Pakistan married to a foreigner? What about Vietnamese, so many still hate foreigners because of the wars?

What about racists - black vs. white issues when you go to Africa? I was threatened with the sack cause I brought a black girl to a xmas party in Tanzania, and the ones who wanted to sack me were Norwegians. This was 2 months after the xmas party, and they gave me a leaflet about aids... The girl was sis of my current gf, who was out of town. I was just being a polite guy towards her, no hanky panky.

Thais have an easy ride. I assure you, its easier for them than so many other nations. And, as this thread is about, foreigners in the village, easy easy...

Cheers!

Archived