Ho ho huh?

Flashermac

Do as I say, not as I do ...

Nearly nude Santas entertain TRT MPs

THE NATION

Dec 27, 2003

The Thai Rak Thai Party may be behind the ?social order? campaign robbing ordinary folk of their fun but that doesn?t mean it can?t invite scantily clad dancers to entertain at its annual caucus.

Pretty girls dressed like Santa Claus (you could only tell because of their hats) kicked their heels Thursday night at the Ambassador City Jomtien Hotel in Pattaya. One wore only a tiny top and a G-string, drawing oohs and aahs from the male members.

Some MPs quietly criticised the idea, saying it could put the ruling party on the spot. But most seemed to have a good time with the song-and-dance girls.

Reporters covering the three-day conference that ends today were also invited to join in the fun and some won presents, including a TV set and a gold necklace. Public Health Minister Sudarat Keyuraphan said the show was a ?mishap? after former government spokesman Sita Divari suggested adding some spice to the gathering.

?He offered to find some karaoke girls to add to the entertainment. He was acting in good faith. When the girls arrived, we didn?t know what to do. I just couldn?t ask them to leave,? Sudarat said.

Archived