Any cheap February flights LAX- BKK ?

OCgringo

Hi....I tried this last month and it got way off-topic and turned into a flame war

So I will try again....

Anyone seem any ads for cheap airfare in February from Los Angeles -LAX (Feb 9th-25th)

so far the best I have found is Korean Air at $550 plus tax, I do not want to fly Korean air if possible

Any other deals with Frequent flyer miles ?

Thanks again for your help........

I got that too.....but you have to fly LAX - NY , Newark and maybe Boston, not all United routes are included

the only way it would work out is pretty crazy....

book a LAX-NY roundtrip (about $275)

fly LAX - NY

then fly from NY to BKK (on sale $575)

BKK to NY

and then NY back to LAX

That's a good deal on Cathay...almost a 1/3 discount. Downside is that you gotta come back within 30 days. EVA has a $530 fare good for up to 3 months for travel starting after Feb 1. Just saw it on their web page. If we can get a few more folks to die of "chicken flu", another discounting frenzy shouldn't be too far off into the future. :grinyes:

Chongnoi said:

That's a good deal on Cathay...almost a 1/3 discount. Downside is that you gotta come back within 30 days. EVA has a $530 fare good for up to 3 months for travel starting after Feb 1. Just saw it on their web page. If we can get a few more folks to die of "chicken flu", another discounting frenzy shouldn't be too far off into the future. :grinyes:

:: :: :: paying such cheap flights and still wishing people to die for you to get it even cheaper ????

USD 530 is only Euro 417, lowest fares from Europe are Euro 520 - 550, in december I paid Euro 970 ( thats USD 1232 ! )

Are you then also complaining when your choice of the night wants 100 Bt taximoney ???? :: :: ::

BB

BB....I was JOKING !!! (Didn't ya see the "grinnie" thingy?) Also, I don't know where you get the idea that I was "complaining" :: Didn't I give the impression that I thought that it was a good deal? Hmmmmm....I'd better brush up on my English, I guess.

Anyway, maybe the Euro prices you're quoting include all the taxes, fees, surcharges? To the $530, another (approximately)$70 must be added. Still, it's a remarkable deal for any airline flying from the West Coast of U.S. to BKK. I'm not sure why it's cheaper to fly from the U.S. than Europe. It's another 5 hours of flying from the U.S. (at least). Total flight time is about 19-20 hours, depending on airline...plus another 1.5-3 hours layover. :(

Airfares from the U.S. in Dec are usually in the 11-1200 range. Planes are booked solid. Spring months, a lot of planes fly 2/3 full.

BTW, I've NEVER had a bg refuse a second "engagement", so I guess taxi money or no, they've been satisfied with my company/generosity. :neener:

Chongnoi,

Ok, so maybe you were joking, but still not really appropriate subject of joking IMO.

Next beer :beer: is on you.

As for prices..... market should play a role as well, travel time is 10 to 12 hours depending on departure place.

Cheapest is about Euro 520 incl all taxes, most expensive is Euro 1030 I paid last year xmas.

All went up after 9/11, less flights & all fully booked.

Currency exchange is now Euro / USD 1.27, very weak USD :( ( no, not strong Euro :) )

Yes, no reason for you guys to complain, cheaper from your end.

Again, beer is on you :beer::up:

Cheers !

I give some good info and I gotta buy a beer? I better remind myself not to give some "excellent" info...might cost me a round ::

Okay...mai pen lai. I hope to make my first Friday meeting the last Friday of Feb at Gulliver's. I buy ya one then...if you aren't around, I'll just leave it on the table :grinyes:

Archived