Grinning from Ear to Ear in the Land of Smiles

zanemay

Yes...has become a problem here. I just got back from Los, and have no intention of posting my experience here, simply because I know the nay-sayers will come out of the woodwork like flies on shit, and I just don't have the gumption to shoot down every negative comment, that is sure to follow.

And this is a real shame to me. This place should be about sharing experiences, and how you are interpreting them on a personal level, but so often turns into a debate where you must justify your every action to the enth degree. At this point, it stops being fun. At least for me.

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who has decided that posting of their experiences is just not worth the effort anymore. Ripping a posters trip report to shreds is mai sanuk, and is so counter-productive into gaining the insights that used to be evident here. I've become gun-shy, and I think that is a great shame. Because I know that I'm not the only one, and that is a great loss to me. Trip Reports forum is a back-bone to this board, and where much of the truth of what is out there is related. I think many need to lighten up, and just digest what is presented to them, without the need to pick apart every aspect. Listen, and enjoy.

One of the most profound statements I've ever heard is: "You can never learn anything with your mouth open". (read: 'you cannot input and output at the same time').

HT

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HT,

Very well said HT. There just seem to be too many cunts now that want to impose their morals and their ideas as to what is permissable when visiting the LOS on us all. They are the most vocal too it seems. Well, post away here as long as it is within the stated board rules, and I will delete the piss out of every self-righteous asshole reply I see! Part of my job to keep the holier than thou morons off the memberships backs. Up to and including asking KS to ban the worst offenders. We won't stand for any personal attacks here in this section of the board. Discussion is another thing, but out and out personal attacks won't be tolerated.

So please HT, put up your reports here. Many of us would love to read them, and I'd imagine many would benefit from the info within them. That goes for all you guys out there! Put 'em up here! We wanna see the stories and reports! Jago and I will keep the ministers and anti-whore mongering priests of the internet, and this board, off your backs.

Cent

Cent

i dont want attack any member on these board, what i said was just -a think about - nothing more and to delete a post like mine would be more than questionable.

But its fascinate that just a small harmles thought can still open an aggressive debate on this board. :down:

Actually my story relates to a Thai girl who really has a good heart, and really wants to be with a poor falang, because she loves me, and who knows I love her.

I'm not sure the board is ready for such a story. Just goes too much against the grain of the stereotype, and as such, most will not be willing to accept. In many minds, it is unconceivable that a Thai girl can love, for other than money. It's an uphill battle to explain that this can actually be possible. It's because of this ignorance that I choose to no longer tell my tale. Mindsets are in place. And my story will not alter those beliefs....which is a real shame.

HT

Mentors,

It hasn't opened any debate at all. If I think the reply uncalled for or a personal attack on what someone wrote that was within the rules I WILL delete it. No debate what-so-ever. Maybe it is your lack of English writing skills that has made your post seem an attack on what was written by Zane. If so please tell me this. Were you joking? And what the hell is "a think about"? Why does or should he have to think about any of these things you bring up? What was the point? To say he can't speak Thai? To say he doesn't know Thailand? To say what exactly? That having a nice trip for him means fucking a lot of women in the P4P scene isn't okay? What were you trying to say? From what I can see this is just a put down and a judgement call on your part, and not called for, or wanted here. Save it for the church and the confessional. If you didn't mean anything by it, just say so. Sometimes the written word can be misconstrued. But I am getting a bit tired of the holier than thou bullshit that seems to be growing here every day throughout the board recently. It won't play here.

Cent

HIGH THAIED said:

Actually my story relates to a Thai girl who really has a good heart, and really wants to be with a poor falang, because she loves me, and who knows I love her.

I'm not sure the board is ready for such a story. Just goes too much against the grain of the stereotype, and as such, most will not be willing to accept. In many minds, it is unconceivable that a Thai girl can love, for other than money. It's an uphill battle to explain that this can actually be possible. It's because of this ignorance that I choose to no longer tell my tale. Mindsets are in place. And my story will not alter those beliefs....which is a real shame.

HT

THAIDED,

I full agree with you.

I have a good and deep friendship with a Thai girl since more than 4 years. But this story would not be believed from many board members here. I made a small and bad experience about 2 years ago when i wrote something about my friendship and the reaction from many board members was a shame and made my thaigirl and me angry about the poor fact, that nobody could believe that some thaigirls exist on these planet who not live after the farang 08/15 scheme.

HT,

Well, this actually sounds like a post for the Relationships forum, but I'll gladly have it posted here if you'd like. It is a "story" so it can also be posted right here, and I'll gladly keep the stupid shit at bay if you do post it here. Actually I think most of us would appreciate your candor in relaying this story to us. Whether some are open to it or not is up to them. You have the right to post it here without having to argue every point and defend every line of the post. Hey, if you'd like, we can post anyone's stories and trip reports here in a way where no-one can reply to the posting. Although I think it better to have a way to discuss each post in a civilized manner amongst the members, those who would wish me to do so for their posts only need ask me or Jago and it will be done. Up to you as they say. Even without the ability to reply to a post, information and knowledge will be imparted to those who read it, and a discussion on the merits may always be started elsewhere by those who wish to talk about the ideas, thoughts and situations brought up by another post/poster.

Cent

Again, what i want to say was, that LOS can give you much more who can made a farang happy. On my first trips to LOS in the 80s i made many such experience like this on the story. Then after a while i began to realize, that Farang areas/Nightlife scenes can not give me a real sight and understanding of Thailand.

It was just this though when i wrote my first post.

Mentors,

And please post more on this relationship here if you'd like. I didn't notice this before, and did not see anything about anyone giving you a hard time about this. Please post it here in the TR/Stories section, and as I told HT I can post it so others cannot reply, although I'd rather not, as a discussion IS what we are looking to promote here. But again, I will watch the thread and delete anything that is inappropriate as in personal attacks and outright flames and rude and inappropriate comments on you and your relationship. Please consider doing your posting here if you'd like. I understand exactly where yourself and HT are coming from, as I've seen it myself, and can't stand the attitudes of the "Negative Neds" as I call them, who piss on everything positive they see as being bullshit. This is the other side I speak of, the morons and assholes who try to force their way on one and all, no matter which side of the coin they are "promoting" as the "True" Thailand experience. Everyone's experience is different and unique to them. No one has the right to claim they are the one and true voice of experience in the LOS. If they do they are full of shit. The LOS is many things to many people. No one person's way is the "right" way. And we here wish to hear ALL experiences in the LOS and in the relationships you all have there.

Cent

Just a couple of points and then, hopefully, we can move on...

First... There are no limits on the variety of experiences that foreigners can have in Thailand. That nobody knows anything is the only absolute certainty. One man can find true love and it may last forever. Another man can find what he thinks is true love only to find he has been cynically exploited (often more than once). Other men still have lived long enough not to value anything as absurd as true love. This forum is about being free to express your experiences or, if you prefer, to invent stories which reflect your own perceptions without fear of judgement. On other parts of this site posters are invited to debate topics but here we are telling stories. If you have a story to tell that provides a contrast to the story in this thread you should feel free to tell your own story... Start your own thread.

Second... If you want to know why a moderator cuts short anything that seems like a flame, intended or not, check out some of the sites where flames are permitted. You end up with over half the site being the continuation of grudges with nothing of any interest to anyone outside the quarrel. Watching other people bickering may be interesting in the real world where you might be treated to the visual spectacle of a fistfight... On the internet it is about as riveting as watching the carpet grow mould.

If, by the way, your interest in Thailand is of a country rich in cultural eccentricities and regional difference or you want to study social mores or religious and supernatural traditions you might be surprised at how much of this you can encounter within the bars and red light districts. Much more, in my opinion, than on the well trodden tourist treks around Chiang Mai or sunning yourself on some South China Sea island paradise. As for bargirl Thai... Like it or not it's still Thai and you'll find a bargirl, not so steeped in cultural etiquette, much more likely to correct your abysmal pronounciation of certain phrases. Even if you never pay for play there are worse people to hang around with to get a sense of the country.

Archived