Grinning from Ear to Ear in the Land of Smiles

zanemay

jagoturner said:

If you want to know why a moderator cuts short anything that seems like a flame, intended or not, check out some of the sites where flames are permitted. You end up with over half the site being the continuation of grudges with nothing of any interest to anyone outside the quarrel.

Cool.. I never knew that calling people assholes, cunts, morons was not a flame. I am sure most guys will remember that. Please remember the cent vs. mentor precedent the next time people use these words on the board. Can we add these words to the FAQ just to make sure that the members know the the moderator themselves dont consider these words a problem. It is sometime confusing for morons like me to remember if cunt or fuckwit is considered polite or not in the nanaplaza world.

YOU GUYS MAY WANT TO DISCUSS THIS IN THE PRIVATE MODERATORS FORUM AND COME UP WITH A SOLUTION TOGETHER!!!!!

PS. Dont have a problem with zanemay / Ranger/ Cents reports. keep them coming.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we add these words to the FAQ just to make sure that the members know the the moderator themselves dont consider these words a problem. It is sometime confusing for morons like me to remember if cunt or fuckwit is considered polite or not in the nanaplaza world.

--------------------------------------------------------

you win the point one more time :applause::grinyes::beer:

HIGH THAIED said:

Actually my story relates to a Thai girl who really has a good heart, and really wants to be with a poor falang, because she loves me, and who knows I love her.

I'm not sure the board is ready for such a story. Just goes too much against the grain of the stereotype, and as such, most will not be willing to accept. In many minds, it is unconceivable that a Thai girl can love, for other than money. It's an uphill battle to explain that this can actually be possible. It's because of this ignorance that I choose to no longer tell my tale. Mindsets are in place. And my story will not alter those beliefs....which is a real shame.

HT

I totally disagree with your assessment of the boards acceptance of your tale. Honestly HT there is mothing extraordinary or special about what you write concerning your relationship except to you. Personally, I think you are being a bit too sensitive concerning the matter particularly because it is so personal to you.

People will post their opinions the same as you have numerous times whenever you commented on a post concerning a guy in a relationship with a BG and you thought it was not kosher. Your going to get both sides regardless of your personal views on how you feel or understand concerning your own Thai lady.

Keep in mind there are plenty of posters here including myself that date non prostitutes, are married to non-prostitutes and care deeply about non-prostitutes. Please do not give us the cop out that no one here will understand or the board is not ready for your type of tale.

From my memory, I recall that most responses to your posts pertaining to your newfound love is that you are moving too fast with the young woman. Does not sound to me like members here are exceptionally critical or ignorant sounds more like people are giving you advice to slow down before you get caught up in a situation that you can't handle properly.

I can understand if you are sensitive to criticism concerning such a personal issue but please don't say that this board is not ready for your story or is ignorant. Too many here have more experience on Thai women, culture and relationships for you to write them off in that manner.

Wow! It's been four or five days since I looked at this thread. I checked it a few days after I put it up and there were three responses. Now a couple of full pages!

I appreciate the moderators' united strong stand here. I fully agree with Cent's language and Jag's logic ( and vice versa!) I notice that some of the attack dogs that usually jump on everything I say have been held a bay.

I don't think anyone who posted here quite understands Zane May, though. For instance, I know Cent has read all my stuff carefully, but he still writes: "It's not very romantic. It's all about the sex, right?" No! No! No! I have had "true loves," and girlfriends and "puen nawn." (friends that sleep together) I think the most boring thing is one quick shag and I never go with a girl if I think that's all we might have. I never go to a bar, think "I want that one" and take her home. My biology doesn't work like that, there's no challenge, it's not interesting.

I am not one dimensional at all. But I understand how some of my trip reports might mislead the viewer. I communicate openly, sometimes a bit graphically; I just don't have any reservations about sex.

One thing I have said before: Just because I tell you that I fucked "Lek" in the ass doesn't mean that I don't love and respect her. For some reason a lot of people think that kinky sex, or lots of sex, or talking about sex are signs of disregard. That seems Puritanical to me, as does the notion that if I sleep with a bunch of women, I don't respect them. Understand that people are different. Perhaps if you sleep with a bunch of women, that means that you don't respect them or maybe even women in general. Fine. The same is not true of me.

On the other side of the coin, I bear up well when a girl I like sleeps with other men. I understand her, and anyway, it's just sex. And money of course. In LoS it's (almost) always about the money too.

I have said before that I think the number one sin of a Trip Report poster is to be boring. If you're going to write something, at least try to make it interesting. Personally I find trip reports of the genre "I poked A from Bar One and B from Bar 2 on my first night. The next day I poked C, D and E." Poke, poke, poke, poke, and on and on. I don' flame such people, I just tend not to read them anymore. At any rate, I feel an obligation to readers not to be boring, though some will say I bore them anyway.

As has also been said above, boards where flaming is allowed tend to deteriorate into little feuds between pairs of individuals. I have seen it ruin other boards. I don' know why two guys want to make a career out of mud wrestling in public nor why they can' stop themselves after forty or fifty bouts which all look the same to the unwilling spectators. They clearly have no respect for other readers. I have seen my threads fall off into boring debates between one guy attacking me and another supporting me, totally diverting discussion away from what I worked so hard to communicate in the first place. People who write and revise and revise and revise will know what I mean about hard work.

I will also add that I think it is most inappropriate for a moderator from one forum to roam through other forums flaming people they don't ike. (Of course they don't think they're flaming.) It makes it difficult for one to use that person's forum. Let us say, as a hypothetical example, that Ernie puts up a trip report and OMy, a moderator of the Health Forum, comes over to write five or six punishing critiques of Ernie, his opinions and doings, using very personal terms like "lowlife." This compromises OMy's credibility as a moderator (and reflects badly on moderators in general.) Also, if Ernie has a health issue for which he needs intelligent feedback, it is impossible for him to seek it in the health forum, the domain of someone who apparently hates him. His health need is still as worthy as anyone else's on the board. (The names of the people and the forum have been changed.)

I think this Nanaplaza board is an extremely fine and significant piece of work and I appreciate the efforts of those who keep it together. I also commend KS for doing some soul searching by seeking feedback on what people feel are problems and areas that they feel could be improved.

Long live Nanaplaza, Siam and the "Sanuk" of both of them!

Peace and Happiness.

Zane

Zane:

Do you still fight for your baht? :D

You do make your reports interesting. I have a better understanding now too.

I agree with what you said. Especially about the moderators. They should not have their names listed in the first place and when they make a comment it should just be from the username of "Forum "X" moderator". I wonder if any of them are just interested in getting more posts on their record. Must be an ego thing.

Cent said:

Ranger,

The anti-sex tourist police are no longer allowed to rant on here!! If they don't like it, well, don't fucking read it, I say! Zane's stories, as are yours and all others who like to regale us with their trip reports and experiences are most welcome here. It's really what TR's section is all about isn't it? :-) So please Ranger, and Zane and all you other guys, tell us your stories and experiences. I promise to keep the holy rollers and holier than thou guys off your backs. I have the power! :-)

Cent

in the real world, when someone writes something, he automatically puts his writing and himself under public scrutinity and open criticism. style will be criticised as well as content. and if the main subject of that piece is the writer himself he will have to be ready to be criticised as well. one grows through criticism.

now, you may have the power here to delete, censor or supress any sort of criticism. you may rant against posters or opinions you do not like, but you do forget that this may work well for you on some internet board where you are the moderator. what you cannot supress though is what people will think about those rants, and about you. and that will also reflect in the acceptance of your own stories, or how serious people will take the forum you moderate here.

if you just want that forum here just as a mutual appreciation society, content: pubertarian wankstories - fine, but then, just say so and don't pretend anything else.

as to the rest of your rant and flames - well, we know all that they were just thrown into the air without targetting anyone in specific... ;)

now, why do i alway criticise zane may's stories?

1. i will not hide that i am not very comfortable with his conduct, but well...

2. and more serious, is his patronising tone. patronising towards the girls he sleeps with, the people of this country, people he who have lived here far longer, have a far wider experience than he. people he might be able to learn something from.

3. he makes so many factual mistakes about the place here, the people, the culture and anything.

4. he tells everybody what thailand is about without having seen anything worth mentioning apart from beachroad. he spreads misinpormation.

again, you may delete my post here, because, as you said, you have the power. but that basically only means that you are some weak character who can not face up to criticism. remember, that here is just some virtual reality, gagaland. if you can't stand any sort of dissent in gagaland - how can you in real life?

don't think that people are stupid - just because you can play up here, because you have the button does not mean that you are respected.

flyonzewall said:

About Zane "2. and more serious, is his patronising tone. patronising towards the girls he sleeps with, the people of this country, people he who have lived here far longer, have a far wider experience than he. people he might be able to learn something from.

3. he makes so many factual mistakes about the place here, the people, the culture and anything.

4. he tells everybody what thailand is about without having seen anything worth mentioning apart from beachroad. he spreads misinformation."

What is troubling is that you are so hard and so quick to condemn and that you state your opionions like they were facts. In your opionion he is patronising, that is not a fact. I think a lot of people must wonder why you think you are such an authority on everything about Thailand. You aren't even factually correct in this post when you say ZM has only been to Beach Road. I remembered that ZM posted a trip report about going to Issan and doing a quick scan of his posts I see that he has lived in Bangkok and spent time in Phuket.

I have been to Beach Road too and I find it to be an interesting cross section of all kinds of Thai people. Thai people come from all over to vacation in the Pattaya / Jomtien area.

Addressing Cent "...because you have the button does not mean that you are respected."

You don't respect the Central Scrutinizer!? That is really something! He has put up some of the most beloved and knowledgeable work on this board. Maybe you just mean you don't respect him as a moderator if he deletes your post.

GG

>>>You aren't even factually correct in this post when you say ZM has only been to Beach Road. I remembered that ZM posted a trip report about going to Issan and doing a quick scan of his posts I see that he has lived in Bangkok and spent time in Phuket.<<<

read my post again: i said "not worth mentioning", meaning in this context that a few days in isaarn doesn't mean instant expertship.

>>>I think a lot of people must wonder why you think you are such an authority on everything about Thailand. <<<

never said that i am "such an authority" on thailand. having lived here very actively for 11 years means only that i have an inkling how much i still have to learn.

anyhow, let people wonder, the ones who know me know also where some of the information i give here comes from. and if i am wrong about some of what i am writing here then don't just wonder - expose me please. if you can show some factual mistake in my posts i will be the first who admits it.

>>>You don't respect the Central Scrutinizer!? That is really something! He has put up some of the most beloved and knowledgeable work on this board. Maybe you just mean you don't respect him as a moderator if he deletes your post.<<<

ups, sorry, did i put a little scratch on your idol? :p

well, let the man answer for himself, but such a dictatorial attitude to possible and not yet vocalised criticism accompanied by such a rant does speak for itself...

Gaw Guy,

Yes!

Just for the record, I have spent significant amounts of time in Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Phuket, Ko Samui, Kalasin, Nong Khai, Ayutthaya and a little out of the way city called Nan where I learned a great deal about Thai people. I've also traveled to Hat Yai, Narathiwat, Songkla, Surat Thani, Krabi and Hua Hin.

I have read very significant works on Thai, Japanese, Chinese and Singapore culture. I study Thai language and I am making a lot of progress.

I have expat friends who have lived in and visited Thailand for 20 years.

Most all of this has been covered in my trip reports and other posts.

Not that any of it matters!! I, of course, remain 100% ignorant.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Zane

Archived