Bars open from 12 noon to 5am in Angeles.

If you took Eqypt Air, the fare would be cheaper than Thai. The only way I would go back is if the hotels lowered their rates to a more reasonable level and if they changed the barfine system. And don't get me started on the food, which is undoubtedly the worst in Asia, nothing like Thai cuisine. They should change the barfine system to a 500 peso barfine and pay the girl 500 pesos in the morning, but the girls and the bars don't want to change the system. In all fairness, in Thailand if you had to prepay, I'm sure you would have a lot of runners as well. We talk about the declining nightlife in LOS, but the Golden Age of Sanuk in the PI has been over a long time. However, one can still have a lot of fun there, especially if you're someone who enjoyed the 60-80's since AC is a throwback to those days. Those of us old hands know that. If you're a young guy who only goes with stunners, you won't be happy with the talent on display in AC, but still for some old tourists and first time visitors who have not had sex for years then to them the girls look great. Everyone has different tastes and preferences. Different strokes for different folks.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The airfare generally runs $208.00 thru $316.00 if flying from Bangkok to Manila. www.travexnet.com

From Manila NAIA airport, the most recent price is 815 peso ($15.00), Manila to Clark one way. www.flyseair.com

Asiana Air from Incheon to Clark is currently $369.40 roundtrip.

From Clark, its about 10 to 15 minute taxi drive to AC :)

When I come to Thailand, I'll usually stop at 2 to 3 travel agencies and buy my tickets to PI, if I do not buy from above. Much cheaper than buying in US.

I have yet to get a runner, but if she goes Starfish, I'll shrug my shoulders, and chalk it up to law of averages and go pick up another. This has rarely happened. What the heck, thankfully its only 1000 peso in the garbage :doah: The dancers can charm you in the bar, but can turn it off pretty quick once outside unfortunately.

Many things in the nightlife scene I do not get bothered about, my only "rule" is that if she has a cellphone, Thailand or PI, she turns it off, or deal is off ::

No way would I fly Egypt Air, but others may not have a problem here. As you said ? the food in AC is not great, but I don't go there to eat... well... food. :) The Margarita Station grub is ok and there are some other decent places on Fields Ave as well, so food is not big concern for me.

I came of age in the late 60's, thus the scene you describe suits me just fine. As far as stunners go - again, like you said, everyone has different tastes here, so hard to define. I do beg to differ with you a bit though as I've BF'd girls in the AC go-go's who would compare favorably with about anything you will find in the BKK or Pattaya venues (yes, I'm talking stunners). :beer:

ST

Thanks for the info. I haven't checked RT prices between BKK and Manila for over a year now, so was surprised at the fares you mentioned. I've only traveled there in high season and both times paid about B13,000 using BKK travel agencies. I see the site you mentioned adds on another 3.5% if you pay by credit card and I presume they will charge you another 20 or 30 bucks if you want the tickets mailed to you abroad.

I checked into SeaAir a couple years ago and decided not to use them as they have a notorious record for being unreliable among other things...

Sounds like you are more experienced with AC than I, so find it amazing you haven't encountered at least one runner by now. Jeezz... I can't even begin to count the number of losers I barfined there. Still, I plan on returning this year.

BTW, I've found some of my best AC girls in the Santos Street BJ bars of all places ? not the best looking, but great LT performers in your hotel. :)

ST

Happy days indeed. My first visit to Angeles was in 1986. I remember the Nipa Hut and its shows, as well as a few other places. Very hardcore stuff :o :: I'll never forget ::

Cellphones? None to be seen. I think back then, if you had one it weighed 28 lbs. and came with its own generator, or something like that

:grinyes:

If you like hard core then you should have been in the TomCat club on Real St last night. Dance comp. It soon deteriorated into an anything goes group lesbian orgy with lots of muff diving by the girls on each other and sometimes offering their wares up to be sampled by the lucky barstewards in the front row.

Everyone raves about The Orchid. There is a newer alternative just around the corner from it. A garish purple building called The Central Park (or The Central Hotel). The manageress was manageress at the Orchid for 7 years. Rooms modelled after the Orchid's. Quite nicely decorated, cable tv, in room safe. No real pool to speak of, just a little jacuzzi sized plunge pool outside the front entrance. Here's the good thing. It's only 1300 pesos a night. A dancer in one of the bars recommended the rooms at the Blue Nile. Will try to have a look.

Someone posted about the girls becoming fat after early 20's. Met a classy young lady the other day who wanted to take good care of me. Looked early 20's. Was knocking on 30. I know. She showed me her passport to show the stamp she got from the US embassy in Manila as she's trying to get a visa. I looked at her date of birth and she was born in 1974.

I stayed at New Premiere last time, was an ok place. I might try Central Park next trip. Middle of action hotel, I saw some pictures of exterior and interior of it, looks like a nice hotel.

Stayed at Orchid before, but somewhat pricey for Angeles.

"It soon deteriorated into an anything goes group lesbian orgy with lots of muff diving by the girls on each other "

That is one of the greatest quotes a man could hear ::

I was reading Pattayamail on line, found this in news section. I'll probably wait till March 1st, then decide if Thailand is my primary or sidetrip destination next trip. Seems like some pretty heavy duty amendments, but I still wonder how far officialdom will go with it.

http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd2

Don't wait that long!

Nero's has a large banner outside advertising that they'll be celebrating the 50th anniversary of Playboy throughout the month of February. Should be kicking. I was going to go back to Thailand this weekend but I'm going to wait until next week now.

Apparently there's one of the special bar shows every week or so. You just have to look out for the banners outside the bars to see when. I think there's another one coming up on Sunday night somewhere or other unless I misheard. The deal is you pay an entrance fee of 400 pesos which gives you food and all the local drinks you can drink for the length of the contest which last night was over 2 hours. So if you were into having more than a few drinks then you'd be well sorted.

Someone mentioned Filipino food not being a patch on Thai food. Yup, they love their adobos and stuff but it's not that good. There are quite a few serviceable western/other restaurants and takeaways here apart from Margarita Station. Including a Subway on the corner of Fields with the street that leads to Orchid. There's a Thai place on Fields, opposite the DMZ I think. Chic 'n ribs does a Wednesday and Friday special 250 peso buffet and up by Dominos pizzas inside Wingwalkers they do Indian food. So there's enough to be going on with.

Also I think I've just lucked out with internet cafes. The Sunlight Internet cafe opposite the end of Fields Avenue is better than a lot of others I've tried. It's full of bargirls chatting their honeys up on the net and joking around. One girl next to me has 4 chats going on and is webcamming with a guy all at once. And now she's chatting me up as well. :grinyes:

A couple of friends just went there via Kuwait Air (cheapest option at the time) and were pleased with the flight. Said the pax were mostly Flips on the way home for contracts in the Middle East and the crew were very good

And these guys are not the easiest ones to please (pretty set in their ways).

Cheers,

SD

Archived