Bars open from 12 noon to 5am in Angeles.

I really do not think that you need worry about going to Angeles. It is just like Pattaya twenty years ago.

I was slightly concerned before I made my first trip there this year, especially as I was travelling alone. However once I got picked up by my driver at the airport I began to relax and had a great time.

Mosyt of the worries yoy have relate to the Southern regions of the Philippines like Mindano and NOT Angeles. There are so many foreign tourists and residents in Angeles that you will fell perfectly OK.

So just go for it!!

Uniformguy

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is wrong with Egypt Air?

I've never used Egypt Air, so all I know is second hand info. However, when I checked a couple years ago their departure/arrival times from/to BKK were at god awful times like 3:00 am or something. Also, because of the much lower price it's very difficult to get a booking in high season - don't know about the rest of the year. And if that's not enough I understand they don't have the greatest safety record either.

With the soon to come midnight closing times in LOS and diminishing nightlife scene in general, AC is looking better by the day. I noticed in the paper today the Baht was less than 39 to the U$, yet the Peso reached a new low at over 56 to the buck... With all in BF's of P1000 it's no contest which is the better deal. :)

I'll be visiting AC again later this year for my third trip and depending on developments in LOS, I may not even make it to Sanukville ? hard to believe I'm saying this, but that's what it is coming down to. It's a very sad thing. :(

ST

This petition is someones imagination gone wild, put down in words. I think Santa Claus is more real than this petitions contents ::

Whoever wrote it, should have contacted someone associated with a TV or movie production company in Hollywood, and put their imagination to good use.

Jeez all these people suddenly deciding that Angeles looks attractive, gonna have to start making up some horror stories about Angeles just so the place does not get over run with disgruntled Thai sanukers looking for a bar that opens after Midnight :neener:

Just got back from two weeks there early Feb, and had a great if wallet lightening time.

Will be there again weekend of the 27th Feb if anyone around. :drunk:

This petition is crap, I went thru 90% of the bars and there are not 150K ladies working there, 5K max is more like it, I only saw several hundred and none that I could see that hadn't reached their majority.

The sigs on the petition are interesting:

1148. ninoy aquino

1147. ferdinand marcos

1146. Pastor Brian Ruxton

at least one of these would of had to return from the grave.

Cheers

Coss

It's absolute nonsense. I don't even think that the population of Angeles City is 150,000 let alone there being that many prostitutes.

As for there being killing fields and death camps well that's ridiculous.

The bit about armed guards had me laughing. Every provincial bank, pawnbrokers and sometimes even gold shops has armed security outside. These are young guys with pump action, pistol grip shotguns. All over the PI. There are gun shops around towns as it seems to be a national past time to own guns. Lots of restaurants/bars have signs outside stating that weapons are not allowed. As an example Margarita Station has a couple of guys outside checking bags of ladies going in. I don't think they're checking the colour of lipstick but to see whether they're packing a piece for their 'boyfriend'.

When I was there I noticed a group of young western women, early '20's, going around and engaging punters in conversation as to the evils going on. There was one grizzled old Aussie bloke on the outside terrace at Subdelicious who was basically laughing into his beer as these earnest faced young ladies tried to make him see the error of his ways. All around bar girls laughed and joked as they mingled with punters, probably on their way to the death camps.

As for kiddie fiddling that probably goes on in most cities around the globe. I visited lots of bars and spoke to lots of ladies. Only a couple were slightly suspect and possibly under 18. One girl admitted to being 17 and 3 months pregnant to her Filipino boyfriend. Almost all the girls were of legal age. The problem for outsiders who look askance at them is that they often look young. I met a woman of 29 who could have passed for 21. Other women over 30 could have been mistaken for early 20's.

Re criminal elements being involved, I think it's a fair bet to guess that criminal elements are involved in lots of activities in the nightlife field. Whether that be running legitimate clubs and bars or whether they run knocking shops. To claim that there is an overall criminal mafia running the whole shebang is stupid. Quite simply from what I could see there's not enough money to be made on Fields Avenue for the average serious gangster to want to invest his cash. Unless he's really dumb. Working out how much the girls are paid, the drinks cost, the overheads run at and then looking around at the amount of customers per night I'd have said that possibly 50 percent of the bars were sailing very close to the wind financially. Maybe criminal gangs would still be interested in ailing businesses purely to launder money?

I totally agree with the posters that say this is total crap probably put together by a 'do-godder' who hasn't had a good orgasm in years.

I cannot think where the multi storey restaurant with armed guards might be except maybe in some Hollywood film script.

As for a good website try www3.angeles2.com there is mountains of info on this site, and it has thousands of regulars every day...... far far busier than this board but not so friendly to newbies and it also has lots of pics of the girls.

Uniformguy

Archived