Is the feel of the board changing?

khunsanuk

Hi,

I have been getting comments / hints that there is a growing amount of people on this board who feel that the overal 'feel' of the board is changing. The funny (well....) thing is that some claim it is getting to PC, while others seem to think it is becoming more and more hardcore sex-tourist.

I will be honest and admit that I do not know what to do about fixing this and turning it back to the board we have all come to love, so... I am turning to you.

Since you, the members, are the most important commodity on this message board I would love to hear what you think is happening, what needs changing, what is bothering you, etc.

I understand that some of you may feel uncomfortable with posting this on the open board, so feel free to PM or email ( sanuk@nanaplaza.com ) me. I promise that I will treat everything I receive by this way as private & confidential.

I am very serious about this, as after all this is my little baby and I would hate to see people leave because they feel they are no longer welcome.

Sanuk!

PS I promise that no comment on this board, however negative will be deleted. I need to know how you feel, even (especially!) the bad stuff.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KS,

Having been a member of this board since Jan 2000 and a friend of your for just as long I will post my two cents.

Yes, the board has changed and of course that is an unavoidable consequence of time and growth.

I do think there are some good changes as well as some bad. Many of us are no longer the rabid whoremngers we used to be and the board has given us a place where we can talk about other subjects.

However, I do think that the old mods (some of them good friends of ours) had a much better idea of the job of a mod. They followed your simple rules and were never concerned about flexing their own muscle. They also had a sense of humor and did not take themselves so seriously. Hell it is a board about whoremongering, not one on ending world poverty.

All of us are, were, or hope to be whoremongers. We pay for sex and for the most part would be considered morally abhorant in our own countries, yet on this board some are attacked for using the word whore! It is as if the very feminist cunts we are escaping from are moderating this board. One example is when the name Yetmae was deemed offensive. This NEVER would have happened on the old board. If something that silly offends someone who is fucking whores then methinks we have an identity problem.

This board was founded to celebrate whores and whoremongering. We posted elaborate trip reports of our sexual escapades throughout SE Asia. We (without giving girls names away I might mention) talked of what they did, how they did it, and how much we enjoyed it. It was fun.......now of course as I stated earlier some of us have moved on and want to discuss other things...but let us not forget what brought us here. THAI and SE ASIAN POON!!!!

I would love to see the spirit of the old Delphi board rekindled. Long live he that is the monger of whores.....

As Father T says-

Live by the Whoremandments and ponder the Whoreattitudes.

GS

:p

I don't think PC or not is the issue. I think it's more that many of the 'old hands' are maturing from their (second) youth, the one in Thailand. How many of us can truly say that NEP is the coolest place on earth? You DID once feel like that, remember? Yest this is the very place to which this site/board owes it's name.

It's not about semantics of using certain words, though I do think a certain basic decency respect for humanity needs to be present. I distinctly remembered being real excited about trip reports that didn't include all that much graphic language. Even if you disagree with this, I doubt any excitement will return if we just start using really course language.

So.. there's no answer. It's called 'growing up'.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Goatscrot,

You've preempted me perfectly. I've been on the board for around 2 years, and when I first came on it was a laugh.

I do in some cases think that SOME of the mods (not Cent who I've been in touch with recently) have been a little guilty of chest beating and power mongering.

At the moment there seem to be less people with a sense of humour, mind you if you say that and people try to make jokes to liven it up it sounds laboured/forced.

I think the spontaneity's gone. I know that of late I've been cautious about what I write in posts because I'm scared of upsetting a mod.

Cheers

As for it changing, tis the nature of the beast. Some people leave, some people join, the ones who stay change their attitudes as they post more, or come here more often or live longer here.

It seems to be the longer a person has been a member the less graphic any trip reports are. Whether thats because they have changed or they think the acceptable board style has changed I am not sure, maybe both. Personally, I like the mix. To PC out the graphic would, as other have said, to deny the original reason d'tre ( excuse the spelling if its wrong ) of the board.

Some mods do tend to be a bit picky and are more concerned about their position rather than the boards free speech limits.

I would like to see some extra things put onto a nono list though - ok its my hobby horse but phrases like "cheap charlies" and "but its only $x", digs at peoples finances I think are uncalled for.

It does seem that we are less tolerant of newbies than before. Maybe there should be a special newbie section where some threads are pinned at the top ( sort of an FAQ2 )and no disparaging replies are allowed.

I do like the variety of the board though, in otherwords, its not just a night site. You can get other info about Visas, shopping, computers etc etc which is a nice difference to have over other nightlife sites.

4 years old KS. Dearie me. You dont look a day over 60! :neener:

Yep, I agree with you. I think the very nature of what this board represented, namely naughty nightlife in Thailand, is changing. While over the last several years the number of tourists to Thailand is increasing, so we see (to my eyes anyway) a decrease in the number of people going to places liek Nana Plaza etc.

Thailand is changing, rapidly.

Stick

Archived