Is the feel of the board changing?

khunsanuk

It is very different. It's definetley become more of a country gentlemans club. And I like that. I prefer the maturing nature of posters here. Insightful knowledgeable and experienced. Ocasionaly there seems to be a little arogance by posters whose economic disposition or station in life is greater than those whose means are menial. But like Stickman points out Thailand is changing rapidly. It might not be a bad idea to pursue that.

You could start another "silly board". My advice would be to not ellicit the help of any of the experienced people from this board, so that the new evolving membership can have fun making all the same stupid assumptions we have.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a regular on certain sections of the board and not on others and I've only been visiting for about a year or so so I can't comment on the changes on the Board itself. I was a regular on another board for a good 3-4 years and in that time it went though 'changes' or cycles as one group of people seemed to have more 'control' my response is that if you don't like the direction that the baord is taking then post more, if you don't want to post then live with it. The worst thing is overmoderating one way or the other.

I do think one of the strengths of this board is that people can go to a section the have and interest in and enjoy and no really have to deal with things they don't enjoy. If people are mature enough to recognise and respect the prevailing attitude in a particular section then I think it has a lot to offer, everyone.

I tink the feel of the board is always changing. Sometimes there is a flurry of activity in one direction and then another. I do notice that many of the posts lately are less spicy and controversial more mundane. I guess it depends on when you log in.

I remember when there used to be a ton of "all BG's are thieving, lying whores" posts. Now you are prone to see more "how do I help my former BG finish her schooling" or "is my GTG really a GTG?" threads.

Personally, I like this board better than the old Delphi. The old board had too many guys who acted as if they were schoolboys who got their first piece of pussy ad lost their minds. Way too many posts on how many LBFM's a guy had during his trip. The board today is a lot more intelligent and broader in posting material which is good. You can see from many of the other boards which have maintained a particular identity, those boards seemed to have generated into a frathouse type of atmosphere where it seems like only a few members keep posting over an over again and everything is a damned inside joke.

I think the board is tolerant of newbies who ask dumb questions or make ridiculous statements and the members will not hesitate to criticize or tell a regular poster he is way out of line, works both ways.

I do think that in some cases some mods do have too big of a footprint in their respective forums. I also think that they tend to personalize things in certain discussions where it seems like they take sides against posters they don't agree with. The good thing is that the board has not deginerated into a cesspool of retarded babble that I have seen on other boards, the bad thing is that some posters feel like they have a yoke on them.

I would suggest that maybe the mods ease up a bit when people make fun or take the piss. Instead of being so pre-epmtive in a thread for fear of deterioration maybe wait a little and let the thread correct itself. Wait for a flame or two instead of dousing the smoke before the fire. I don't think that mods are on a power trip as some people suggest but I do think that at times they get a little too conservative and interpret things too literally and they think there is fire when they is only smoke.

I mean as long as there is no flame wars, talk of politics, talk of underage stuff, negative posts of the Royals.There should not be too many cases where a mod needs to get involved. Members here seem to self moderate pretty well. Stupid threads and comments die sort of quick so no need to overmoderate.

Keep in mind KS that the type of posters here have really expanded. We now have women who post regularly with no fear of being run out, there are more established expats and business men posting openly and providing details from their experiences, more guys posting about their wives and children and fewer "where can i get a 500bt hooker?" and "I shagged 20 hookers in 1 week" types.

I think there is a pretty good balance here of spicy and non-spicy.

Hi,

"I would suggest that maybe the mods ease up a bit when people make fun or take the piss. Instead of being so pre-epmtive in a thread for fear of deterioration maybe wait a little and let the thread correct itself. Wait for a flame or two instead of dousing the smoke before the fire. I don't think that mods are on a power trip as some people suggest but I do think that at times they get a little too conservative and interpret things too literally and they think there is fire when they is only smoke."

I agree with your assessment here, and this has already been discussed in the Moderator forum in which I pretty much suggested the same thing.

And with that in mind, if you (any of you) feel that a Mod is out of line, *please* tell me. I cannot deal with problems if I do not know about them.

Sanuk!

I think there's a lot of criticism about moderators, which they don't deserve IMHO. I think almost every one of them does a perfect job at moderating, and I do not see any powertrips, and I have been in a couple of heated discussions with some moderators. This is about the tightest organised boards that I know, and as a consequence some of the spontaneity is gone. You might consider giving the posters a little bit more space, if you like some spontaneity (and anarchy!) to return to your board.

Chanchao made some very good points about the maturing of the board and its members, and I also think you can call it growth. A lot of the old hands on this board have gone from single whoremongers to married men, and these changes are reflected in the board.

There's no reason to glorify the old Delphi boards, it had its own dogmas as well. If you paid more than the going price you got burned down to the ground. Send money to a BG? Burned down to the ground! Same goes for trying to get in a RT with a BG, all definite no no's on the old board. Newbies got slashed down for being ignorant. The board has come a long way since then.

Cheers,

soongmak

basically i think this board is an evolving work of art. I guess places, times and people change and thats probably not a bad thing. The only thing i could sugest is that maybe everyone (posters) could lighten up and appreciate each others viewpoints a little more. Kind of like living in a share house where everyone has their little quirks.

The only pc pet dislike that I have expressed my feelings about is racism. I think it?s hurtful (to other members sometimes), immature, and downright dangerous in a world full of enough hatred already. Boosting one?s own ego by belittling another person?s race, colour or religion (something most people can?t do anything about) has no place in the 21stC. I?m glad this forum has a policy against it. I?m happy with the no politics rule too. Both mean less flame wars.

But I?m a pc hypocrite too, because I?m a sexploiter. I?m living here in LOS primarily for sex because it?s cheaper here. I enjoy it. I can?t alter that apart from masturbating more and keep taking the bromide. That?s just the way I am. But I have a conscience when I hear a hard luck story about a girl?s background, and wonder if I?m part of the problem. If I weren?t here, she wouldn?t be on the game. Then again, if Thai authorities did more to raise the standard of people?s living, she?d have a decent job and I couldn?t afford to be here buying sex. In the meantime I treat the girls well, and pay well, which is more than many Thai employers do. My phone runs hot most days with girls wanting to come over to see me.

The language others use doesn?t bother me. But I personally don?t use words like slut, whore or tart because I don?t think of the girls that way. Many have become my friends. I often regard such words as more a reflection on the user?s mentality than the girls.

I think a newbie section where no derogatory attacks on the poster are allowed would be good. I?d like the continued emphasis on sanuk in all its forms. I?d also like to see a Pattaya section.

Thanks for a great forum.

:beer:

norfloxacin400 said:

Kind of like living in a share house where everyone has their little quirks.

Met an Aussie guy at the Airport who used to share a house with you in your days at Gumbowombat University in Old North Wales.

He said you were fond of wanking in the living room when everyone was watching the footy.

Cheers

change is natural.

and if the change is going away from pubescent whoremonger tripreports and blow job bar threads into a wider scope of things thai than i do like the change a lot. there are more than a few sexpat/sextourist boards around (which generally strike me as extraordinary ignorant on anything else than how people can get their rocks off here), so, why should this one here go into that dirction as well?

and, yes, i have been living the nightlifestyle once (before internet), but personally, i don't see anything to be proud of there.

and if the majority here decides they wanna have message forum where they can primarily exchange wank stories than i will definately not post here anymore (yeah, i know, you been waiting for that... :hubba:).

and regarding PC - well, there is also sextourist/sexpat PC as well...

Archived