LAX to Singapore - Direct !

gobbledonk

USVirgin said:

Saw something in the press about some kind of (paranoid, IMO) US security regulation banning onboard congregations on flights to/from the US, for example queing up for the loos. :dunno:

If they don't take it seriously, I wouldn't blame them.

Another douchebag regulation from the U.S. I talked with someone who flew in last week from Manila to LAX on Philippine Airlines. He said that there was an announcement from the cockpit that standing around with a group of people for an extended time was not allowed.

I wonder how far other airlines will enforce this. Guess I'll find out on my next trip. Hope it fades away.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Whitney on the layover in Narita it is welcome. !8.5 hours in the air is insane. I think that shower in Narita is the best three bucks you will spend after the 12+hour flight ORD to Narita I have to take. I have never had a problem just spending dollars in Narita.

Whitney said:
USVirgin said:

Saw something in the press about some kind of (paranoid, IMO) US security regulation banning onboard congregations on flights to/from the US, for example queing up for the loos. :dunno:

If they don't take it seriously, I wouldn't blame them.

Another douchebag regulation from the U.S. I talked with someone who flew in last week from Manila to LAX on Philippine Airlines. He said that there was an announcement from the cockpit that standing around with a group of people for an extended time was not allowed.

I wonder how far other airlines will enforce this. Guess I'll find out on my next trip. Hope it fades away.

They made the same announcement on EVA in January. Enforced it too!

I had the same question about some of these planes that have the little gathering place. SOL I think!

The return trip is always a quicker flight inactuality. The flight to LOS is longer, and seems MUCH longer because I really want to get there! When do I want to get back home? Eh, whenever.

I had heard about the US banning standing or waiting in line for the toilet ect. Well I just decided to look something up. It's called the constitution. The first amendment allows me to peacablely assemble. So lets start a class action suit and maybe we can each earn a barfine or two. The US governmet has absolutly no right to dictate let alone enforce such a "regulation" It is just another example of the very sad state of affiars in a once free country. The worst part is that people seem to actualy buy into this crap. People wake up it is all a big sham. More americans are killed by cigarettes than some big bad unknown "enemy" More americans die crossing the street for crying out loud. Wake up take back our country. here is the exact amendment, and please note it is the very first one and for good reason.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Seems pretty clear to me! Ashcroft is a criminal and should be dealt with in a court of law. Whew I feel better. All this because I am 6'3" and just want to strech my legs. In a democracy people wouldnt put up with this crap.

In a democracy people wouldnt put up with this crap

I agree Dave, and its clear that citizens of the US arent the only ones who are impacted by Draconian legislation. I dont want to start a political debate, but I have to wonder if Osama and Co have, indeed, 'won' : they have given Big Brother all the excuses he needed to herd us, cattle-like, into holding pens. Our own Customs Officers have grown increasingly Nazi in their behaviour since 9/11. Living in Queensland, we have a slight advantage, as our state Police have long been fond of knee-high leather boots, riding crops and youth rallies.

Archived