Health Travel Insurance for Thai Nationals

Straycat

Straycat,

Yes, I have a tip for you....

GF bought herself an insurance 2 weeks ago to come here.

Its from New Hampshire Insurance Company in BKK, purchased through the travel agent.

She paid 2600 Bt, valid for 12 months, covers all medical and evacuation upto 1 Million Bt, 2 million on case of death...... euhhh.... yes I am the beneficiary :(

Hope that helps, if not, just throw it against the wall, then re-progam it :doah::) :) :)

Cheers !

Do you want to buy it in Bkk or in Europe? Many European insurers sell this kind of policy in their homecountry (good are Hallesche, PAX and LKH in Germany - considerably more expensive than BB's policy - , I would check AXA in France).

Is it for one (long) trip or for many trips? Check the policy carefully.

Do you need it to get the visa? In this case the embassy can tell you.

iutrede,

The insurance is optional and not needed for a visa, however as I need to present a document to the embassy that I will pay all charges and costs during her stay, and that those (medical) costs are not covered by my insurance, it IS a good idea to get a separate cover.

I did read her policy last week from start to finish, it covers all our needs and it IS very cheap indeed.

GF just asked the travel company where she booked her ticket and they arranged for the insurance directly. simple.

Cheers !

Try Bupa Thailand... they have three diffeernt schemes (bronze/silver and gold). Last time it cost us about 800 Baht for a 3 week stay... but now we have the annual one...not sure though how much that one was.

Check with your embassy...as it seems that not every embassy accepts every Insurance. For germany for example you need at least the silver option... they won`t accept bronze...

P.S. in addition to BB`s post... in Germany Health insurance is a requirement for the visa...so it seems to vary between countries...

P.S. in addition to BB`s post... in Germany Health insurance is a requirement for the visa...so it seems to vary between countries...

dsab,

Thats a bit surprising..... then again, I would be foolish NOT to make sure she is insured.

And its only 2600 Bt.

When she comes back in june with her cohabitation visa, thats a different game, then I will be able to add her to my health insurance, that will be something like an additional 850 Bt per quarter here.

Cheers !

Archived