New Mozilla Firebird - now Firefox 0.8

Straycat

Just to let you know that the IMO best browser now is out in a new version; 0.8.

I've used the betas and can tell you it's quite a leap forward. Some of the new features includes a brand new installer and an excellent download manager. But there's lots of other bells & whistles too, all in a small and easily managed package.

Download size: circa 6 MB

You can read about it here:

http://mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Straycat said:

Just to let you know that the IMO best browser now is out in a new version; 0.8.

I've used the betas and can tell you it's quite a leap forward.

http://mozilla.org/products/firefox/

I would have to agree with this, it's very good - I prefer it to IE.

Among other things, it has a pop-up blocker, which stops sites opening new windows all over the place.

I might have a go at the new e-mail client as well..(Thunderbird?)

:beer:

Tanks for the hint. I just switched to the Opera 7 browser which is better than IE explorer IMHO, but I will try mozilla as well.

I just read that there is the first exploit out to hack into Windows, taken from the just leaked Windows source code. It just took 4 day to find a vulnerabiltiy within 28 million lines of code :clown:. Therefore there is more to be expected soon. In contrast MS currently needs 5 to 6 month to fix a known bugs. (five or six bug are currently known since 5 months but not fiexed yet). As a German computer magazine just wrote: there is only one secure way dealing with this: don't use neither IE nor any version of Outlook. :banghead:

keekwai said:

Not sure how they compare regards pop3.

pop3 is easy enough to set up ( isn't it always?), what I didn't like was the fact that I couldn't set up Thunderbird to open straight into "inbox", I had to select it each time.

Sounds picky, I know - but the little touches are sometimes what "sells" a program, aren't they.

Maybe later someone will have gone through it and tidied it up a bit.

:devil::beer::devil:

Archived